Getting an LTC in MA - not the quickest thing to do...

Why in theface of all that you have witnessed to date would you ever consider the government to be competent, effcient or effective?

They have not stopped drug lords from producing even though its cost billlion!
They haven't stopped illegals even though they cost billions!
They haven't stopped Alcada or terrorist even though thats cost billions.

I guess I challenge anyone to tell me of just one program the government of this country runs that is effective or productive. They are incompetent at both the state and federal level and I just don't know what would prove that more than the test of hurricane Katrina where you did not see government support for weeks when people when people really needed these services.

How do these programs work?
Homeland security
TSA
Social Security
FEMA
Veterans Affairs
Border Security

I can go on forever and I can tell you we have one of the MOST incompetent governments in the world and if wasn't for the fact that the taxpayer give them a chackbook to pay for that incompetence, you would hear more outrage than you do today. They pay for their stupidy with your tax money and they get away from being held accountable over and over and over again!

They are Slow, Inept and Incompetent at protecting their own people and every taxpayer should demand that they fix their systems and stop making excuses. Enough is enough and you don't have to be rocket scientist to know they only care about themselves and their own!

Last edited:
I was buying some ammo the other day and the dealer said," hey, you license expires in 8 months, you may want to get the process started now because I hear it is getting harder and harder"...I looked up at him and thought "why not?"...so I filled out the renewal app, got my check and dropped it off at the police station - I was going to have to do it this year anyway. In about a week, I got a letter from the police dept....it said "we can't start the LTC renewal process earlier than 60 days before it expires so here is your application and check back...come back in 6 months."...I guess I don't really care, but a) why wouldn't they want the extra money and b) even if it was free...why have a 60 day rule?

This dog and pony show reduces violent crime, so it's all good. Oh, wait...it helps increase it. Never mind. [rolleyes] [frown]

In all fairness to someone or something...it should be noted that your friend didn't get an LTC. Had he gone the exact same route you did, it would have taken around the same amount of time, if not longer, and would have cost him more (my understanding is that RI requires a psych eval that costs around $300-350 for first-time applicants). He owns firearms, but he can't carry. Should he want to, he's going to also have to take part the RI version of the dog and pony show.

Granted, in MA an LTC is required to buy or own firearms, so technically he's got you beat because -- as you stated -- he was shooting the same day the impulse hit him...but it was two different procedures at the end of the day.

my understanding is that RI requires a psych eval that costs around $300-350 for first-time applicants.

Really? Got a SOURCE for that "understanding?"

I ask because:

1. It is NOT in the RI statutes;

2. I hold a RI permit and have NEVER been asked for such an eval; and

3. I have gotten permits for others and NEVER submitted such an eval.

Again - what is your source for this "understanding?"

Following his arraignment yesterday, Henderson was released to the custody of his parents, on the condition he stay at least 30 yards away from the farm, and animals in general.
Again - what is your source for this "understanding?"

There have been numerous reports on www.cralri.com of some towns in RI imposing a psych test requirement - mainly towns that are being compelled by court decisions to accept carry permit applications but don't want to. To date, this has strictly been a issue with a few towns in RI and there have not been any reports of the RI AG's office imposing such a requirement upon the applicants for an AG issued RI carry permit.

Ahhh... this should be good... since we have such a credible source and all. Heck, Scrivener won't even touch that one!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom