• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Get your paper work ready

SKS Ray

NES Member
The CMP is supposed to be announcing a date soon that Underwood M1 Carbine orders will be accepted. Late July is rumored so far.

This was posted in the "Carbine Forum"...

CARBINE UPDATE. As of 3:00 PM Friday, 29 June 2007, we are shipping carbines for orders received on 4 May and processing orders received on 8 May. We expect to have all Inland carbine orders shipped by 31 July. Next manufacturer to be released will be Underwood. Less than 3,200 available. Price for Underwood carbines is $565, plus $22.95 S&H. Date we will begin accepting orders will be announced at the end of July, 2007 http://www.odcmp.com/rifles/carbine.htm

Looks like the end of July is the date they will announce the date they will begin accepting orders.

However...

On the carbine sales page they have Sept 4th, 07 as the accepting orders date. [thinking] [rolleyes]

Check out the expected dates on some of the other manufacturers [shocked]

I received my Inland a couple of weeks ago - but I haven't had a chance to take it out and shoot it yet.

On the CMP site they state the rules around the carbines are one per person per manufacturer, which sounds to me like I could get one of each manufacturer (if I could afford it). But since I can't afford that at the moment - and the wife would probably freak, I was thinking a Winchester would be my next choice out of the mfg's that they have.

I know this question gets asked a lot - but is there any one mfg. that would be "better" to have in a collection ? (whatever you may define as better as).

I know this question gets asked a lot - but is there any one mfg. that would be "better" to have in a collection ? (whatever you may define as better as).

There's no one manufacturer that's better than another... all the carbines were manufactured to the same government specifications.

What you, me or anyone else would be paying a higher price for is basically just the receiver with the manufacturers name stamped on it. All the CMP carbines are "mix masters", meaning that any number of other parts could be from other manufacturers.

Collectability wise, "better" only matters for the manufacturers that produced fewer carbines and for those carbines that still have all (or most), of the original parts with matching numbers.

CMP has announced that starting Sept. 4th they will begin accepting orders for the Underwood Carbines.
Price is $565.00 + $22.95 S+H

The price is solely based on the numbers produced. Some will be held for auction which would be the "correct" versions. I was very happy with the condition of my Inland. Shoots great.

Back
Top Bottom