• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Georgia Man Arrested For Trying To Shoot Deer With A Pistol While Driving

No, shooting a deer with a 9mm and not ensuring a clean kill should not be legal.
Wounding a deer and having it suffer needlessly is animal cruelty.

Did they change the article? From what I read, they never mentioned caliber and are unsure if he hit the deer.

I was amazed that you can shoot a deer here in NH as long as you're 15 or 25 feet off the road, I forget the exact number because I really don't GAF, but was amazed at how road hunting is legal.

Anything to get rid of deer, I support.

I've killed deer with a Kimber in .45, a Desert Eagle in 44Mag and a Colt Python in 357 magnum. I have no doubt if I took the shot with a 9mm I'd drop the deer.
Deer get dropped by 9mm all the time, the US's favorite hunting cartridge was 9mm.

It's not the diameter of the bullet, it's the foot pounds behind it, and you could absolutely clean kill a deer with a 9mm luger/parabellum in the right conditions.

Deer get dropped by 9mm all the time, the US's favorite hunting cartridge was 9mm.

It's not the diameter of the bullet, it's the foot pounds behind it, and you could absolutely clean kill a deer with a 9mm luger/parabellum in the right conditions.
Min barrel length for hunting is 6in in ga

Back
Top Bottom