• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Georgia Man Arrested For Trying To Shoot Deer With A Pistol While Driving

I didn't read the link, but one night, driving out of Fur, Fin and Feather after a bullseye match, a nice buck was next to the road.

I stopped the car, and the thing was <10 feet away. Even I could have capped it from my seat.

I can see the allure, I guess. [laugh]
2 weeks ago on a Sunday. At Copicut. Nice deer was standing on the road. I stopped the car, @chris_1001 stopped his car. We both got out, we were talking and looking at it. The deer was chilling some 10 yards away from us. We had a bunch of rifles in the cars.

That was one lucky deer.

2 weeks ago on a Sunday. At Copicut. Nice deer was standing on the road. I stopped the car, @chris_1001 stopped his car. We both got out, we were talking and looking at it. The deer was chilling some 10 yards away from us. We had a bunch of rifles in the cars.

That was one lucky deer.

Pics of that deer

IMG_7008.jpeg IMG_7010.jpeg

No, shooting a deer with a 9mm and not ensuring a clean kill should not be legal.
Wounding a deer and having it suffer needlessly is animal cruelty.
I've killed deer with a Kimber in .45, a Desert Eagle in 44Mag and a Colt Python in 357 magnum. I have no doubt if I took the shot with a 9mm I'd drop the deer.

The deer probably figured that being he was in Mass. he was safe, since you didn't look like gangbangers or cops, and no one in MA except gangbangers or cops has guns, right?
The deer knew it was Sunday, and there is no hunting on Sundays.

He knew it was Sunday, if deer could point and laugh...
Deer know this stuff. A few weeks ago I arrived to my blind, park at 5am and a Doe is standing in front of me, like less than 10 yards. Looks at me, and slowly walks away, it didn't give a f*ck. Of course, I didn't see a deer all day after that. Except for one log that looked like a deer. [laugh]

And the location where I was hanging out was like an animal highway. My blind was facing where 4 trails merged. There were coyote tracks, deer tracks, some massive bear tracks ... it was full of tracks and deer poop everywhere.

Deer know this stuff. A few weeks ago I arrived to my blind, park at 5am and a Doe is standing in front of me, like less than 10 yards. Looks at me, and slowly walks away, it didn't give a f*ck. Of course, I didn't see a deer all day after that. Except for one log that looked like a deer. [laugh]

Did you get a shot off at the log? lol

Yeah, its weird, its like they really do know...

Several years ago I was in Texas on a hog hunt. We had a lease for hogs only. I was sitting in the blind for a few hours and a Doe and two yearlings walked by within about 15 feet. The doe sauntered right by looking at the blind, not a care in the world About 25 feet away she turned around and gave me the finger. I never knew deer had hands.

And the location where I was hanging out was like an animal highway. My blind was facing where 4 trails merged. There were coyote tracks, deer tracks, some massive bear tracks ... it was full of tracks and deer poop everywhere.

The deer probably figured that being he was in Mass. he was safe, since you didn't look like gangbangers or cops, and no one in MA except gangbangers or cops has guns, right?

I can see several of you didn't actually read the story, or even the headline.

This was in Rome, GEORGIA, not Massachusetts.

I showed up early last year (April) at a seasonal place on cape cod and there were 4 dear napping in the driveway. When I arrived, they slowly stood up and fixed me with a look that clearly said, WTF are you doing here?" and walked off about as passive aggressively as possible.

Deer know what a calendar is, what day it is and what time it is.

Damn. I SWEAR we had this same thread last Christmas. I looked at the title and thought, "A topper? Oh yeah, what did I say last year. . . . wait."

I can see several of you didn't actually read the story, or even the headline.

This was in Rome, GEORGIA, not Massachusetts.

It looks like YOU didn’t read the thread…
It's obvious he didn't, since I was replying to Broc and Chris' post about seeing a deer right in front of them.

Back
Top Bottom