• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gen4 Glock G19 Issues?

SFC13557

NES Member
Bought a Gen4 G19 off Gunbroker, owned one before but sold it. Now I see all these articles detailing issues with Gen4, recoil spring assembly, trigger, ejector, etc. Any comments?

Bought a Gen4 G19 off Gunbroker, owned one before but sold it. Now I see all these articles detailing issues with Gen4, recoil spring assembly, trigger, ejector, etc. Any comments?

Most of them are fine, most of the Gen4 issues were with the 17, but even then, most of that shit happened the first year or so. The guns have been produced a lot longer than
that. I would just shoot the thing, lol.

load it with 3 rounds and shoot. chances for anything to be off are slim. if it will be off - you will see it.
they do not explode anymore, usually. :)

No idea what gen my G19 is. I had a 2G that I sold right after Sandy Hook. It was my first gun. I had something like 10 mags for it. A regrettable sale in hindsight.

No idea what gen my G19 is. I had a 2G that I sold right after Sandy Hook. It was my first gun. I had something like 10 mags for it. A regrettable sale in hindsight.

WTF was I writing??? You can tell my entire family has been sick for a week and I've been Mr. Mom plus running my business. LOL

Just shoot it. It's a Glock.

Gen 3: finger grooves and small mag release
Gen 4: finger grooves, lg release, backstraps
Gen 5: no grooves, backstraps

Glock Perfection messed up with the first run of the dual spring recoil spring assembly. They went from the 0 4 to the 0 4 1 and I think by 0 4 2 markings, it didn't stovepipe malfunction as much. Then again, when using a Glock, make sure you give it the death grip and don't limp wrist lol. Glocks don't like limp wristers.

Glock Perfection messed up with the first run of the dual spring recoil spring assembly. They went from the 0 4 to the 0 4 1 and I think by 0 4 2 markings, it didn't stovepipe malfunction as much. Then again, when using a Glock, make sure you give it the death grip and don't limp wrist lol. Glocks don't like limp wristers.

Funny you mention this. I have a Gen 3 Glock 19. Been completely reliable and accurate for me, even after guccifying it. I took my 16yo son shooting and it was the first time he had ever shot a pistol before. He starts shooting and he gets a jam every 2-3 rounds. I shoot it and get zero jams. He was likely limp wristing it. I demonstrated the grip and told him to grip it tightly until your hand started to shake a little, then release just a little tension and that was the proper grip strength. I also told him to lock the wrist in line with the arm to make a nice strong platform for recoil. For him, it didn't seem to matter. For me, worked flawlessly.

He was much better with the AR than the Glock, the pistol wasn't intuitive for him while the rifle was, and obviously the rifle was a more stable platform. Told me to get a revolver as my Glock sucked [rofl]

Funny you mention this. I have a Gen 3 Glock 19. Been completely reliable and accurate for me, even after guccifying it. I took my 16yo son shooting and it was the first time he had ever shot a pistol before. He starts shooting and he gets a jam every 2-3 rounds. I shoot it and it zero jams. He was likely limp wristing it. I demonstrated the grip and told him to grip it tightly until your hand started to shake a little, then release just a little tension and that was the proper grip strength. I also told him to lock the wrist in line with the arm to make a nice strong platform for recoil. For him, it didn't seem to matter. For me, worked flawlessly.

He was much better with the AR than the Glock, the pistol wasn't intuitive for him while the rifle was. Told me to get a revolver as my Glock sucked [rofl]
With a Glock, you gotta grip it like she gripped you on prom night. Years ago I took one of my now-ex-gfs to the range and popped her shooting cherry. Gave her my G19 G4 and she stovepiped every round. Gave her my 92FS and she shot it without trouble. Glocks are fine once you have even a couple minutes of gun training and practice. Not a great choice for someone who's never ever fired a gun.

With a Glock, you gotta grip it like she gripped you on prom night. Years ago I took one of my now-ex-gfs to the range and popped her shooting cherry. Gave her my G19 G4 and she stovepiped every round. Gave her my 92FS and she shot it without trouble. Glocks are fine once you have even a couple minutes of gun training and practice. Not a great choice for someone who's never ever fired a gun.

LOL. So maybe he was right about needing a revolver.

The only issue I’ve had with my gen4 g19 is the factory FDE finish isn’t as durable as the factory black finish...holster wear to the point someone thought it was a custom distressed paint job!!! Mechanically flawless though.

a bit of a stupid thing to admit - but i screwed up a bit, as i dunno what got into me brain, but i ordered myself a G19x gen5 slide from legion precision - as i somehow for some reason assumed the 19x slide can cycle on a standard g17 frame.
so, it does not cycle there. it all fits and fires and sets up the trigger, but slide does not go far enough to be able to pick up a round from the magazine. a rather stupid thing. anyway, so you know that for a fact now, if anybody would ever wonder. g19x frame is NOT a g17 frame. it takes g17 magazines, but isn't swappable. duh.

i cannot even find where the heck i got that idea from that it will fit.

"Then again, when using a Glock, make sure you give it the death grip and don't limp wrist lol. Glocks don't like limp wristers.".

Yes, I have that problem with Glocks and plastic guns. I hate to have to have a death grip on a gun. Drove to Harvard, Glock goes bang. G19 has orange Ameriglo front sight and black U shaped rear sight, I have Truglo sights on my other Glocks. Backstraps should arrive today. I like grip texture on the Gen4 vs. the Gen3/5.

Back
Top Bottom