Garands For Sale!

There are a lot of folks that are intimidated by the process to qualify to buy from the CMP. Or it’s too much hassle so they buy them on the market. They are beautiful rifles and nostalgia as you know is a strong draw. Don’t like the prices go to the CMP. There are a few CMP guns here for sale and they are not cheap. Bitching about the prices and Four seasons is just that bitching. Lots of skinflints in here as well.
As a youngin I shot the CMP course and sent off my paperwork in triplicate. It was returned cuz I f'd something up on the form. Corrected it, resent it a 2nd time...
in triplicate....it was returned again. I said f this and gave up.

I believe they were asking a whopping $125 for the Garand's back in those days.....sigh.

I just checked out the Garands at Four Seasons and they are very nice! Better than service grade excellent finish and stocks. I did not measure the muzzle /bore but they are worth it in my opinion
they might be from the early greek returns there where some really nice hra that where close to the "collectors" grade at the time...woodless danish where very nice also

Yes, but a lot of people either don’t know of the cmp program or are intimidated about going through it. You’ll pay more at your local gun store.
I did have to get the form notarized. Lol.

haha four seasons got had.

that's hilarious. They bought 8 for $5600, probably sold all 8 for around $8000, and 4S is hoping to snag $13000 for them all.
You do realize that retail markup is Typically 100% of wholesale.
On "Sale".
Right?

Yes, but a lot of people either don’t know of the cmp program or are intimidated about going through it. You’ll pay more at your local gun store.

I was considering going through CMP, and after I saw the prices dealers were asking at the Big E show three years ago, I decided it was worth the effort to look into the process! (Seriously, some of the rifles at the show even had CMP hang tags still on them, at double CMP prices!) Ordering through CMP is not that difficult, and for $750 shipped, I received a decent early Korean War vintage rifle shipped to my door in a nice CMP case.

There is definitely a group of people buying CMP Garands and reselling them on GB. Even here in the classifieds you have a CMP expert on sale for $1650.
I have no doubt.

The simple reality is that the CMP sells below market by design - they want these guns to go to people who will use, not collect/flip them. In exchange, a person who wants one of these relatively inexpensive rifles has to do a little extra work. Knowing that there are people who will do that work to flip them anyways, CMP throttles the numbers you can buy. There's not a lot we can do about that.

At the end of the day, we have three choices: buy from CMP, buy on the open market, whine about the violence inherent in the system. For once, these aren't mutually exclusive...for good or ill.

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with Four Seasons.

I was looking through the Used Gun section of FS and noticed something a bit unusual. They had not one, not two, but EIGHT H&R Garands listed for sale. They all appear to be post-WWII. Looks like an H&R afficianado may have emptied their safe for sale.
they can all stuff their today's gun prices where the sun don't shine. got everything i need on the cheap way back when . garand $150, m1 carbine $100, m1a match grade $600 on and on

Only 4 left! They're flying off the shelves like hot cakes!

H&RM1 GARAND.30-065633xxx
$1599.95​
1956, 2-55 BARREL, CMP STOCK, SLING
H&RM1 GARAND.30-065504xxx
$1649.95​
1956, 11-54 BARREL, SLING
H&RM1 GARAND.30-064747xxx
$1649.95​
1954, 4-54 BARREL, SLING
H&RM1 GARAND.30-065627xxx
$1699.95​
1956, 5-55 BARREL, SLING

Only 4 left! They're flying off the shelves like hot cakes!

H&RM1 GARAND.30-065633xxx
$1599.95​
1956, 2-55 BARREL, CMP STOCK, SLING
H&RM1 GARAND.30-065504xxx
$1649.95​
1956, 11-54 BARREL, SLING
H&RM1 GARAND.30-064747xxx
$1649.95​
1954, 4-54 BARREL, SLING
H&RM1 GARAND.30-065627xxx
$1699.95​
1956, 5-55 BARREL, SLING
Are you the seller?

[smile]

Recently sold an as issued Garand made by IHC for 3K. the rare and quality ones always bring good $$. Most of my Garands came from DCM/CMP many yrs. ago, a lot still being wrapped in the plastic bags and shipped in their cardboard storage boxes. Quality always goes for a premium.

Recently sold an as issued Garand made by IHC for 3K. the rare and quality ones always bring good $$. Most of my Garands came from DCM/CMP many yrs. ago, a lot still being wrapped in the plastic bags and shipped in their cardboard storage boxes. Quality always goes for a premium.
Im shocked a IHC got that much , unless it was Un Issued in the wrap and tin foiled?
Never know what stuff sells for these days. Start high

Im shocked a IHC got that much , unless it was Un Issued in the wrap and tin foiled?
Never know what stuff sells for these days. Start high
I'm not a collector but I'm not surprised. The M1 Garand is a timeless gun. Most milsurps don't evoke a gut-feel from me, most look cool but they're boring. The M1 Garand however, if you have a decent one, is practically a goddamn national treasure. Plus it's a great gun for new people to get exposed to bigger cartridges without being annoying, if she holds it correctly a woman 120 lbs wet can shoot a Garand all day long. It's just a little shove when you pull the trigger. And the sights are intuitive. It is the only milsurp on my "need to get this gun" list.

I'll be honest, never kept up with their prices till the last 5 months or so. They still don't interest me beyond a "that's neat".
I feel that way about most milsurps. The Garand is just different. The Garand is not a light gun..... but it's like a curvy woman that goes to the gym on the reg and the weight is carried well. Have you ever shot one?

Back
Top Bottom