G43 vs G26 [or G43 in addition to G26]?

What do you guys think - if I already own a G26, would a G43 be rather redundant? I'm thinking with nutnfancy's 'philosophy of use' in mind, and considering the G26 isn't that uncomfortable when I wear it IWB. It seems to be the newest and hottest model people seem to want. Thoughts?

I have a 26 but for some reason it was never that comfortable to carry. It was just a bit too chunky for IWB carry, and if I was carrying OWB, then I prefer the 19. After two range sessions with a G43, I'm hooked. I like it much better than my 26. I added the Pearce +1 mag extensions which makes it a 7+1 gun. The mags with the +1 extensions are the exact same size as the Glock 6 round mag with finger extension.

i love the G26 and G43.

the G26 shoots so smooth and being able to use G19 or G17 mags is the real perk IMO. otherwise it just comes down to carry style and comfort needs, personal preferences, etc.

I do believe the G26 is highly overlooked in general. i could shoot that thing all day long it's glorious. it's also the only gen 4 9mm glock that hasn't given me extraction issues (i.e. brass-to-face).

Handling both I prefer the 43. Anything single stack is just more comfortable for my womanly hands.

I have a 43 & 26. I carry the 43 and the 26 sits in a locked box... I'd prefer the 26 (10+1) but the 43 is sooooo thin...

Handling both I prefer the 43. Anything single stack is just more comfortable for my womanly hands.

I have gorilla hands so I find the G26 pretty comfortable. Most single stacks are way to thin for me to hold and shoot well (except for my 938 which has the 'big rubber grips' which seem to give a good hold.

Personal choice.
For me - nope.
For you - I have no idea.

I've been carry the G43 for a while now, and have no problem with the grip.

What do you guys think - if I already own a G26, would a G43 be rather redundant? I'm thinking with nutnfancy's 'philosophy of use' in mind, and considering the G26 isn't that uncomfortable when I wear it IWB. It seems to be the newest and hottest model people seem to want. Thoughts?

If you can carry a G26 comfortably then don't even bother. I'm not pissing on the 43 in any way, I think it's a great gun, but it's designed to fill a specific need, and if you don't need something to fill that niche, then why spend the money?

-Mike

What do you guys think about the grip of the G42/43? In all of its slimness, would traction grips be a good addition?

The shape of the G43 has a deep recess for the web of the hand, and I have not noticed any problem with keeping hold of it. However, the short reach to the trigger did require me to adapt a bit. I've contemplated adding traction to my Shield, but not the G43.

If you can carry a G26 comfortably then don't even bother. I'm not pissing on the 43 in any way, I think it's a great gun, but it's designed to fill a specific need, and if you don't need something to fill that niche, then why spend the money?

-Mike

correct, I "THOUGHT" I wanted one but after shooting it and the low round capacity I decided in a very short time it wasn't for me. My wife also on her own decided she liked the shield better. To each their own...

Last edited:
I sold my 26 hoping to get a 43. My decision was based purely on my ergonomics. The 26 is too thick for my tiny man hands.

Off topic: I prefer the size of a 42 to a 43. Is there any 9mm gun out there than has the same grip size of a 42?

I've carried a 26 for years, and it's just as easy shooting on the range for me as any double stacked 9mm glock (G34 being my favorite). I recently tried a 43 and while it's a great little gun, I'm sticking with the 26. The 43 reminded me of my Walther PPS, which is fine to shoot, but just not as comfortable as the wider 26. For what it's worth, this finger rest floor plate completely changes the 26 for me and makes it just a terrific small pistol. If I wanted a materially smaller carry gun for use instead of the 26 I would go with the Glock 42, and likely will pick one up at some point.

I've owned both, they are both awesome guns. I currently carry the g43 because for how I dress, carry, body type, etc, I wanted a super skinny pistol. G26 fit just fine in my hands though, it's a great pistol, I used to carry a g17 mag as my 2nd mag.

null_110.jpg

I sold my 26 hoping to get a 43. My decision was based purely on my ergonomics. The 26 is too thick for my tiny man hands.
Off topic: I prefer the size of a 42 to a 43. Is there any 9mm gun out there than has the same grip size of a 42?

Probably the Kahr PM9 would be close to the G42 in size.

I have all of them and find myself carrying the .43, shooting the 19 and 17 and ignoring the 26.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The shape of the G43 has a deep recess for the web of the hand, and I have not noticed any problem with keeping hold of it. However, the short reach to the trigger did require me to adapt a bit. I've contemplated adding traction to my Shield, but not the G43.

FWIW I have small hands and I own a 42, and I recently ran EdgeOfCrimson's 43. I thought the 42 grip was siginificantly worse in the "bizarre trigger reach" department than the 43 was. The 43 felt a lot more comfortable in my hand and the trigger reach was more natural... but if you have huge hands, I bet either will be kinda funny.

-Mike

I get nervousy with only ten rounds in my 26 and two mags, I can't imagine how many mags I would have to carry before my dick felt bigger with a 43.

Lol... Seriously?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yes I'm seriously compensating for a small penis by carrying a giant Glock 26 with lots of boolits. Well that's what the MSM would have me believe anyways.

In my opinion the G26 is sort of the redundant gun now. If you want the capacity and don't mind a little bulk, get the G19, it's easier to use quickly. If you need something small, get the G43. With the G26 you're compromising a couple rounds and a bunch of gun handling to save you next to nothing on size (compared to the G19). The 43 is actually small enough to make a difference.

i disagree

the G26 will always have a role. it's a fantastic firearm. depending on mode of carry, the G26 can be substantially easier (e.g. appendix carry).

everyone shoots differently but to me, i don't need my pinky finger on the grip. in fact i prefer carry guns with 2 finger grip. the G26 fits that bill perfectly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom