• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

G-Code INCOG holster: Experiences?

Those who recently got their holsters - how are you liking it so far? I just hit week 5 waiting for mine... hoping for that shipping confirmation email any day now.

Still haven't received mine.

Must be running pretty far behind. When I started the thread you had yours on order for a couple weeks already so that would put you around the 7 weeks~ mark. Looks like they should up their estimated wait times from 4-6 weeks.

Still waiting for mine. Today marks 10 weeks. Guess this is a good note for anyone interested in them. The guy a few weeks ago when I emailed to check on mine said they're in the process of moving to a new manufacturing facility where they will be able to speed up production. That's wonderful... for everyone after me that orders one from the new facility. They must be waiting for their shipment of unicorn leather to come in to finish it.

I've had mine for a while.

Pros: it is stable. I don't have to reposition the gun when I stand up.
Cons: comfort is very much a function of where it is positioned. When sitting down it is very easy for it dig into my upper thigh. Printing is fair -- I've got a gut and that is just a problem with AIWB.

I've got a Raven Concealment VG2 which I use with the belt clip (not the lanyard). The VG2 is more comfortable but the problem is that it moves too much. I can set in place so that it conceals well, but as soon as I sit down, the gun rotates butt downwards. When I then stand up, it prints like crazy.

At the moment I'm using the G-Code holster for AIWB, but I won't say that it is the answer to all of my AIWB issues. My solution probably involves diet and exercise. [crying]

I have the 3-hole clips and wanted to see if there was a difference and if I like the 4-hole clips better. However it seems that the additional clips are $10.50 EACH (and also there is no HSP logo)! I think I'll just order an M&P shield (that I don't own yet) holster with the 4-hole clips and try them that way. I'll be waiting until I can find another coupon code in either case.

For the moment, I've gone back to the VG2. I recently got new pants which are sized better for my growing waistline. These pants have a bit of a higher rise, and the VG2 seems to be staying in place better. The VG2 is certainly more comfortable than the INCOG. I'm using the belt clip for the VG2, not the lanyard.

Emailed G Code earlier this week regarding the whereabouts of my holster. Finally heard back today - same story pretty much. They're moving buildings and it's slowing them down and they're sorry and it will ship soon etc etc. They are throwing in a single 1911 mag caddy (paddle style) for my troubles. It's something I guess. I would have liked the matching mag caddy for the Incog instead but whatever. Just passed the 11 week mark on Weds this week.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

Wednesday marks week 13 for me. I emailed last week and got the same story about moving buildings etc. and they agreed to throw in a free single 1911 mag paddle holster. Cool, but this still blows. I would have much preferred to get the matching mag caddy attachment for the Incog but I feel like if I asked for that, it would have pushed it back another 6 months. If I don't hear anything by the end of this week or maybe early next week I will email again and see about getting the shipping fee refunded or something cause really this is pretty stupid.

Damn...I got lucky and snagged one used over on AR15.com

So far I like it. Carrying my Glock 26 in it at 3 o'clock. Tried appendix carrying it and it works pretty good. I just prefer it at my hip. I hope they get things squared away soon.

I typically carry "regular" IWB around the 4:00 position or so. This will be my first try at AIWB carry. I would have loved to grab a used one but unfortunately they are few are far between for the gun I got it for (4.25" 1911). I looked at their site earlier and it still says:

Generally, the average turnaround time is between 4 to 6 Weeks. If response is better than expected and order volume is higher than normal lead times could be as much as 8-10 weeks and on rare occasions longer.

Yeah - rare occasions [laugh]

Could be worse. Crossbreed.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Could be worse. Crossbreed.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I have bought two Crossbreed holsters before and they have both come in about 8 weeks, which is (gasp) about what they quoted for an ETA. Their website says right now they are working on and shipping orders placed around March 21st, so that's only about 3 weeks. Not bad at all. It's one thing to quote a long time and then deliver early or around the time you quoted... but it sucks that G-code is still saying 4-6 weeks generally with the rare occasion that it goes around 10 weeks. All they had to do was put something on their site that said "due to facility enhancements and relocation shipping times could be delayed up to XXX weeks" and it would have covered them. Oh well.

Just reached out to them again about this. If they can't give me a realistic or more solid shipping window, I am going to cancel the order. That kills me because I have waited so long already but this is stupid. I have been eyeballing the Bianchi Professional holster to try for appendix carry. If the Incog falls through, I might pick one up and see how it is.

EDIT: Just put an order in for the Bianchi Professional (19238 model) anyways. Can't hurt to have more options. Looks like this (except I have a round butt 1911)

528330.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck with that. I emailed them Monday to ask for an update and got their form "we're sorry, we're moving, yadda yadda" email that made vague promises for suture orders bot had no info about when mine might ship. I replied and asked for an actual estimate that wasn't a form letter and haven't gotten a reply.

Good luck with that. I emailed them Monday to ask for an update and got their form "we're sorry, we're moving, yadda yadda" email that made vague promises for suture orders bot had no info about when mine might ship. I replied and asked for an actual estimate that wasn't a form letter and haven't gotten a reply.

Yeah, that's what I figure I will get. I told them the only way it might be worthwhile for the wait is if they throw in a matching mag holder for the Incog and waive the shipping fee. We'll see how that goes... I don't have much hope.

Just reached out to them again about this. If they can't give me a realistic or more solid shipping window, I am going to cancel the order. That kills me because I have waited so long already but this is stupid. I have been eyeballing the Bianchi Professional holster to try for appendix carry. If the Incog falls through, I might pick one up and see how it is. EDIT: Just put an order in for the Bianchi Professional (19238 model) anyways. Can't hurt to have more options. Looks like this (except I have a round butt 1911)

FYI:

http://www.5shotleather.com/design/assets/5shot sme marketing.jpg
The SME is the result of a 3 year project. Over a dozen prototypes were made. Testing and evaluation of the prototypes was conducted by Industry Experts with thousands of hours of Appendix Cary experience. The result is the most concealable and comfortable AIWB on the market. The T&E of this holster was so thorough, that two seperate design concepts were developed, one for Traditional DA/SA and Striker Fired Pistols and another specifially for the 1911.
<http://www.5shotleather.com/sme.htm>

The order book may open at the end of May.

I have several G-Code holsters and they are great. Their OWB hoslters are really well done, not to mention their tactical dropped version. I have a battle belt that I run their stiff drop offset adapter and their OWB holster, in multicam, and it is a thing of beauty. The fact that you can unclip the holster and slap another on in 5 seconds is huge too, since I run different pistols.

That said, I have a G-Code Incog and caddy for M&P which I have never used if anyone is interested in buying it. I ordered, but in meantime put a RMR on my pistol so it won't fit. Then the holster arrived. Now I ordered one cut for the RMR, so the original sits.

Hey Guys, just noticed this thread. I got an Incog over the holidays. Ordered it on Black Friday, received it two months later. Have used it pretty much everyday since. If you're not going to carry appendix, then definitely don't waste the extra $40 on the mag caddy (like I did). Other than that, I think it's great. I have a pretty thin build and really struggled to find a holster. Everything I tried stuck out big time and looked really unnatural. I carry at about 3:30 to 4 o'clock position and it works great. If I have a bulky sweatshirt or even a windbreaker on over my shirt, there is no printing whatsoever. Today, I'm just wearing a T-Shirt, there is some printing when I bend all the way down, so I have to be careful of that, but otherwise. It's really comfortable. I carry a G19 gen 1 which is certainly a lot heavier than some of the sub compacts and it's comfortable enough that I can (almost) forget it's there. I can sit down comfortably and just have to be aware when bending over wearing only a T-shirt or polo. Also, I had a very good experience with their customer service when I inquired about my order. I wear with with an Ares Gear Aegis enhanced belt, which takes all the weight off my jeans/pants. I highly recommend one of those as well.

Just called over there... first two times it was busy, third time went to voicemail. On week 15 waiting at this point. Having a grand old time. What's the saying? It's all about the journey, not the destination.

I tried calling a couple of times and finally got through today. They said mine was "on the table for finishing" and it should ship out by Friday. Why do I have a hard time believing this?

I tried calling a couple of times and finally got through today. They said mine was "on the table for finishing" and it should ship out by Friday. Why do I have a hard time believing this?

Because a plastic holster should take a few minutes to "finish", not a few days [laugh]. I tried calling a few more times and went to voicemail. I want to talk to an actual person.

Keep trying, I got the elusive Jose on my 3rd attempt today.

Ah yes, I had gotten an email or two from him. They have a few complaint reviews on their Facebook page with a lot of people in the same boat... 10, 12, 15+ weeks waiting for them. There are also people who ordered late Jan, or some time in Feb that have already gotten theirs or got shipping confirmation emails with theirs. Don't understand that - I would think they would work on them in the order they were received, not just completely at random. I placed mine on Jan 6th or so... can't remember the exact date.

I got the Bianchi holster I pictured further up in the thread and while it is decent enough to do the job, I am still looking forward to (eventually) using the Incog. Eventually.

I think rather than handling the orders first in-first out, they're probably batching them by color/pistol type to be more "efficient". If you ordered for a popular model in a popular color, you're likely going to get done before one of the less popular combos until they get their shit in order and get to the point where they have some inventory on hand.

Back
Top Bottom