G-Code INCOG holster: Experiences?

Figured I'd throw a thread out to see if anyone has had experience with the G-Code INCOG holster. I have one on order for my 4" 1911 but curious to see if anyone here has used them. I haven't seen a whole lot on them - on here at least. Reviews seem to be positive overall. Going to give AIWB carry a try as I feel it might suit me best. I have typically carried IWB using Crossbreed, Comptac, N8², etc. holsters and they are fine (I like N8² the best personally) but wanted to try this out. I didn't get the extra mag caddy with it but it can be bought as an additional add-on later on if I want to. I like that the clips are designed to push the gun in closer to you as opposed to just hanging straight with the holster. Let me know your thoughts.

Will do. I saw another member here had one but I can't remember who it was for the life of me. Hopefully they will chime in. If their approximate lead times are correct mine should be due in sometime around the beginning of February.

My thoughts are that the incog's width would interfere with access for #1 operations (such that the wearer would manage it by removing the holster and sitting it down somewhere), contribute to discomfort when seated (such that the wearer would manage it by removing the holster and sitting it down somewhere), and, finally, that anyone considering the purchase of an incog should first read every post in these two threads:

AIWB (Appendix Carry)
<http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?120-AIWB-%28Appendix-Carry%29>

AIWB holsters, a pictorial guide
<http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?896-AIWB-holsters-a-pictorial-guide>

The incog seems to add bulk for A-carry, I got a blade-tech A carry holster. Same as a carrying your gun with no holster. Adds zero bulk. I will take some pictures later.

I got it for a G23 by the way.

No but one of my buddies does and it's too thick for A carry. I have about 20 other brands and styles and the blade tech is the most comfortable to carry A position for me. I did like the fuzz like texture of incog though.

No but one of my buddies does and it's too thick for A carry. I have about 20 other brands and styles and the blade tech is the most comfortable to carry A position for me. I did like the fuzz like texture of incog though.

Damn, I was hoping, I find AIWB is very personal and a holster one person loves another dislikes, I bought a kydex one off of someone who makes them from here and it works well but it took numerous modifications to fit well

D2BE958C-D177-4D7C-AFD3-791F1F9411E2_zpsspgty7iz.jpg

C63C12ED-809C-43FC-92D2-2DBF8699DC1F_zpsphxt52wu.jpg

7DF46C44-5FE4-4220-8810-0EC4AE675EB1_zps6h1xqg8u.jpg

40C262E6-081C-4538-B620-8B707418F6DE_zpssyrnbrhu.jpg

Any person that I know who has one, sold it. BogHog is right though. AIWB is VERY subjective. Incogs have good reviews from plenty of people. I still haven't found something I love yet.

Love my INCOG, wear it everyday with the mag caddy and Shield. Still hoping the come out with an HK P30 version. I've used many AIWB holsters, and the INCOG is my favorite, with the PHLster Access being second. It is very personal like others have said though, so don't rely on what other people say when it comes to holsters. Buy them, try them, and return them if they don't work.

I have the incog w/ the mag caddy for my g19 I love it it sits nice and low and is very comfortable. I carry without the mag caddy most of the time I find it most comfortable with one belt clip

Thanks for the input folks. Looks like it is a very personal thing so we'll see how it is when it arrives. They look like very well made holsters which is one of the reasons why I like it. Guess it all really depends on body shape etc. as to how comfortable it is.

Sent from my iPhone

I have one, the MARSOC Bloodstripe version, with mag caddy, for my G26. I knew there was no way it would fit AIWB under my belly. I wear it 3-4 o'clock with no issues. The tactical fuzz, which are beard clippings from Tier-1 operators, keeps it from moving around. I like having a reload now, too. I transitioned from a SuperTuck.

Also, Travis Haley.

Last edited:
I don't believe it's strictly limited to AIWB and can be adapted for other positions.

Right - that's another reason why I like it because if it doesn't work for me for AIWB, it can still be used as a regular IWB in the 3-4 o'clock position. Still have a couple weeks left to wait for mine I think.

I have one for a G19. All day comfort for me at 4 o' clock and I wear it just about everyday. I also have a Crossbreed clone for the same gun that I don't use as much since the Incog conceals much better.

It does not work for me in the appendix position, but then again I have yet to find a holster that did. I stopped looking at this point.

Last edited:
AIWB is VERY subjective. Incogs have good reviews from plenty of people. I still haven't found something I love yet.

Me too. I've gone tried a couple AIWB holsters so far. Unfortunately, I do have a gut. When I sit down, that tends angle the butt of the gun outwards. If I'm standing, I can arrange the gun so that it doesn't print much, but as soon as I sit down, it shifts. I also find it to be uncomfortable when sitting as the front of the slide rests on my lower abdomen.

I was hopeful that the Incog's angled belt loops would push the butt of the gun into my gut -- I'll report back after I get it.

I just got a Glock 26, which has a shorter butt. I'm hopeful that the shorter butt will print less. I'll give that a try after I change the sights.

I've had success at closer to 2 O'Clock. I don't have a gut to deal with, I just prefer the gun ride higher than my current setup (a MIC holster)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I've had success at closer to 2 O'Clock. I don't have a gut to deal with, I just prefer the gun ride higher than my current setup (a MIC holster)

Yes, I've had better luck at 2 O'Clock. I find that if the gun rides higher, my gut pushes the grip out to far it prints like crazy. The Raven VG2 rides lower and conceals better for me, but is uncomfortable when sitting.

My holster boxes were already overflowing before I started down the AIWB route...

Yes, I've had better luck at 2 O'Clock. I find that if the gun rides higher, my gut pushes the grip out to far it prints like crazy. The Raven VG2 rides lower and conceals better for me, but is uncomfortable when sitting.

My holster boxes were already overflowing before I started down the AIWB route...

Haha. I just sell and take small hit. I consider it 'renting'

I REALLY want to try an archangel

Last edited by a moderator:
INCOG just showed up today! Originally ordered on 12/10/2013 so just around 5 weeks to arrive (a lot of holidays in that span though).

Figured I'd throw a thread out to see if anyone has had experience with the G-Code INCOG holster. I have one on order for my 4" 1911 but curious to see if anyone here has used them. I haven't seen a whole lot on them - on here at least. Reviews seem to be positive overall. Going to give AIWB carry a try as I feel it might suit me best. I have typically carried IWB using Crossbreed, Comptac, N8², etc. holsters and they are fine (I like N8² the best personally) but wanted to try this out. I didn't get the extra mag caddy with it but it can be bought as an additional add-on later on if I want to. I like that the clips are designed to push the gun in closer to you as opposed to just hanging straight with the holster. Let me know your thoughts.

Here is a review. You might find it helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far it's pretty nice, retention on the holster and mag caddy is perfect and since it is two different pieces it does flex with your body so it comfortable in a lot of situation. I still have to play with angles and depth to find out what works best for me though. I also need a gun belt for everyday wear other than the 5.11 operator that I have now (used for IDPA).

Back
Top Bottom