• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FYI Bass Pro Shop's Gun Primer Event Raffle This Weekend

I never made it to the tables, as I got "delayed" with legal questions after George's seminar on Friday night. Anyone that was there for any of the legal seminars needs to VERIFY the info! The slides had some bad info (could lead to long jail terms) and some info was similarly wrong. I hope that George went back and verified one area of law that I corrected him on (transport in a car vs. securing in a home . . . trigger locks don't meet the law in a moving vehicle).

Who else from NES was there tonight for George's lecture on MA gun laws?

Who is "George?"

While I was there Sunday, a couple came over to the USPSA table after having been at the counter. Some legal luminary told her she could apply for a license in the town she worked in.

WRONG.

Who is "George?"

While I was there Sunday, a couple came over to the USPSA table after having been at the counter. Some legal luminary told her she could apply for a license in the town she worked in.

WRONG.

George used to work at AFS years ago. He's a manager in the gun/archery area of BP. He's known as GPK007 here, but rarely comes to NES.

Yes he did say that too on Friday night and I corrected him. Don't know where he got the slides (I have a suspicion it came from a lawyer/author, but don't know for certain), but there was LOTS of bad info on them. George did say that these were the slides he used to teach the courses for LTCs. [rolleyes]

Don't get me wrong, I like George, but bad info is bad info no matter who says it.

George used to work at AFS years ago. He's a manager in the gun/archery area of BP.

Well, he certainly SOUNDS qualified..... [rolleyes]

George did say that these were the slides he used to teach the courses for LTCs. [/QUOTE]

Wonderful. What quota does he fill?

My guess that the USPSA table was probably the most accurate source of answers to questions regarding gun law during Saturday and Sunday of this event.

I was there on the Friday....I caught the end of the lecture before the reloading session where Len had to chime in a bunch...makes me appreciate people on NES even more

Were you the one I was talking with at length after that seminar was over?

My guess that the USPSA table was probably the most accurate source of answers to questions regarding gun law during Saturday and Sunday of this event.

BUT! The damage is done. People tend to believe what "Instructors" tell them . . . and PowerPoint slides never lie! I suspect that most never went over to Scriv for the straight scoop.

George knows that I know my stuff (Not that I haven't erred on a rare occasion, but I'll go out of my way to correct it once I realize my mistake). It saddens me that he never verified some of the mis-information he espoused on Friday night. I chatted with him later and told him to check out the source of what I had stated.

I caught most of the Sunday session and by then they changed it to the town where you "have" your business, implying that you were the owner, as opposed to the town where you worked, which matches up with:

Chap 140: Sect 131.
(d) Any person residing or having a place of business within the jurisdiction of the licensing authority or any person residing in an area of exclusive federal jurisdiction located within a city or town may submit to such licensing authority...

Back
Top Bottom