Full Review Springfield XDS .45ACP + Loads of Pics, not for slow computers.

Ok, so i can give you a good summary of the gun in question. Sniper and I, shot 200 rounds of WWB 230gr. and blazer aluminum 230 gr. through my new XDS.
Recoil: im sure you all want to know how it shot. and to be honest , Me personally, i thought from shooting the glock 30 vs the XDS, the XDS had lighter recoil. my first shot i was like this is not a .45ACP ... its just not, its lighting quick recoil like a 9, but both me and Sniper said all the recoil goes directly back because of the low bore axis, i shot a 1911 and honestly while the 1911 weighed more , it had more flip than the little XDS. the XDS is very .. well glock like.. it handles recoil amazingly. I will take Drgrant up on his offer and let him shoot it , i think even he , will be surprised. The gun was flawless, no malfunctions at all. ate everything right out of the box after i threw some clp on the slide rails.

Exterior:
Size: Subcompact glock but thinner i want to say. Sniper was able to Pocket this gun in his cargo side pants pocket, as well as his regular pocket. im guessing its because mens overly large front pockets. i cannot pocket this gun, but its thinness will make a great IWB gun, it will replace my glock 26 for carry when i can go bigger than my LCP
Feel - has really good slide serrations and makes overhand racking a breeze, dare i say it better than a glock's slide serrations . this coming from a Glock Girl . Stippling on the grip is excellent, i would love it if glock came out this type of raised pyramids on their Gen 4's instead of the smaller sand paper ish grips. trigger guard is oversized and makes for easy gloved hand used. I tested out my Mechanix M-Pact work gloves and worked great. I can fit my 3 fingers on the gun standard, but people with larger hands will only have 2 fingers on it im guessing
Trigger - this is what i will call The closest thing SA has come to making a glock trigger,i give them a 7 out of 10 vs. a glock trigger. due to the complete redesign of the gun, i honestly think they borrowed a bit .. about the same amount of initial uptake as a glock, id say pound is about a 6lb break. After the initial take up it has a tad more to go then its as if it just lets go and finishes like glock stock trigger. very staple gun glock trigger. Reset is a tad longer but very close.
Mag Release - This is where my dislike comes out . Very tough to push that button if a full mag is in and slide is not locked back. Honestly its tougher than most mag releases ive played with. that could be because its new. It was easier when mag was finished only by a tad.

Sights - nice 3 dot white in rear and fiber optic in front. Great in Daylight outdoors, not so great indoor range. especially with the red fiber in it. I will be switching out for a Green fiber supplied, and when Night sights are made i will switch out of them.
Magazine - Easy to load and quality .
Take Down - Easy

I will be coordinating with Mark from MA for a get together this weekend at Harvard i hope or Hopkington. please leave in reply in post whether you would want to meet at harvard or hopkington

Last edited:
This mean i'm of the hook for talking you into it? I know i'm loving mine. I changed my fiber optic to green too.

- - - Updated - - -

How's the accuracy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch Hickok45"s video. That man can shoot! I only wish I could nail things that far with my XDS.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK So looks like Harvard Sunday Morning is going to work out best for everyone. Sunday Morning it shall be. and i will be there as long as possible. :)

BTW switched out the red fiber optic to the green, and favor that more.:)

I want one as well...:-(

What's up with all the cool guns coming out in the past couple years? I mean it's like the manufactures are like, " lets give em something cool to shoot again."

tex

The OP is in MA?

I thought springfield handguns were not compliant?

did they get added to the list?

I think we all know by now, virtually ALL handguns are compliant in MA. Finding one, or finding a dealer to sell you a NEW one is a different story altogether. One I'm sure that she won't discuss on here. Most of us have our ways.

Great review Queen Bee. How come you chose this over the Glock 36?

I don't want to speak for QB, but the XDs is smaller than the G36 in every dimension -- I think it's actually closer to a slimmed down G26. Personally I love my G19, but the new XD pistols are sexy by comparison.

I don't want to speak for QB, but the XDs is smaller than the G36 in every dimension -- I think it's actually closer to a slimmed down G26. Personally I love my G19, but the new XD pistols are sexy by comparison.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but the XDs is not that much smaller than the G36. I would imagine it would have even more recoil than the G36 but I suppose once you master the gun, it'll shoot great. I do not have a SA because they are a rarity here in Mass but I love their guns.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom