Fuddery at AR-15 manufacturer Tactical Arms

Whoa, I just had to do a double take. At first I thought the OP was talking about tactical machining. I was thinking, what does he care, the majority of his business is 80% lowers (of which I have a couple on BO). Then I realized it was a whole different company.

Whoa, I just had to do a double take. At first I thought the OP was talking about tactical machining. I was thinking, what does he care, the majority of his business is 80% lowers (of which I have a couple on BO). Then I realized it was a whole different company.
Operative word... [laugh]

The problem is that "Assault Weapon" is a term that was invented strictly by antis to demonize firearms. It's never had a legitimate meaning in the industry, ever.

It would be like a car manufacturer saying that they market and sell "Go fast and die" machines. Nobody is that stupid, except for this guy, apparently.

-Mike

Nice. I can't wait to see ads for the new Ford Drunk Driver XLT Turbo.

The problem is that "Assault Weapon" is a term that was invented strictly by antis to demonize firearms. It's never had a legitimate meaning in the industry, ever.

It would be like a car manufacturer saying that they market and sell "Go fast and die" machines. Nobody is that stupid, except for this guy, apparently.

-Mike

THIS, exactly! My own wife last night at the dinner table said "why would anyone need an assault rifle?" I had to inform her I had one, and it's not an "assault rifle"! The liberal media uses this term to scare the masses. If we don't correct them they will continue to use this term to scare people.

THIS, exactly! My own wife last night at the dinner table said "why would anyone need an assault rifle?" I had to inform her I had one, and it's not an "assault rifle"! The liberal media uses this term to scare the masses. If we don't correct them they will continue to use this term to scare people.

Assault rifle actually does have roots in military use, at least. Of course the definition is often hotly debated. "Assault Weapon" not so much- it's a pure anti term.

-Mike

Assault rifle actually does have roots in military use, at least. Of course the definition is often hotly debated. "Assault Weapon" not so much- it's a pure anti term.

-Mike

What's the hot debate? I've never seen anyone who knew anything about guns suggest something other than a select fire detachable magazine rifle chambered for an intermediate cartridge.

What's the hot debate? I've never seen anyone who knew anything about guns suggest something other than a select fire detachable magazine rifle chambered for an intermediate cartridge.

If you look in any of the online dictionaries with the term in it they have definitions which often appear like this:

dictionary.com said:
[h=2]assault rifle[/h]
noun 1. a military rifle capable of both automatic and semiautomatic fire, utilizing an intermediate-power cartridge.

2. a nonmilitary weapon modeled on the military assault rifle, usually modified to allow only semiautomatic fire.

Sometimes I've seen other definitions which were considerably looser than the conventional one (must be select fire, etc) that most gun owners adopted.

I agree the one you used, however, is the generally accepted one. There have been big semantics battles in the past on here and other gun boards about it, though.

-Mike

If you look in any of the online dictionaries with the term in it they have definitions which often appear like this:

Sometimes I've seen other definitions which were considerably looser than the conventional one (must be select fire, etc) that most gun owners adopted.

I agree the one you used, however, is the generally accepted one. There have been big semantics battles in the past on here and other gun boards about it, though.

-Mike
I have a solution to this whole debate... WGAF? I is a gardening tool. Whether it moves 1lb of dirt or a thousand, the issue is how it is used not what it is. Then we wouldn't have to try to distinguish between Killy, extra Killy and super duper Killy.

When we get into this name calling debate, we lose.

Back
Top Bottom