Fricking whiny moon bats in my town-

Holy crap, unless I'm reading this wrong, he really needs to fire his lawyer:

Stevens' attorney, Tony Soltani, told the zoning board the shooting range, which the lawyer himself has frequented, "probably crossed the line."

This is one of those things where a little consideration goes a long way. I would bet that if she had talked to that Marine and said "hey, we are having a B'day party on Saturday, can you hold the shooting down a bit? How big a piece of cake would you like?" He would have worked with her on it.

What REALLY annoys me is the ASSumption that people coming and going with guns are unsavory characters. As far as drawing a criminal element in? Really? When was the last time any of us saw a criminal that was eager for a gunfight?

I live about a mile away from a gun range. I can hear the shooting all the time. When I hear something interesting, I head on over. Otherwise, it is not a problem. That range has a lot more homes around it, but the range was there first. Plus, all the neighbors are welcome whenever they want to shoot.

Typical gun hater, wants to enforce her ideas on everyone else.

I had some moonbats move in to my neighborhood. They kept calling the cops because they could hear gunshots coming from across a river and farm from a sportsman's club. I don't even really hear them anymore. I can't wait until they hear the guns going off down the street when people are hunting deer and bear on the mountain.

Some kids keep putting off fireworks all winter at night in the field behind my house. The cops like to sit in the street infront of my house after it happens

Someone has to be reporting it as coming from my house..../paranoid

Yeah, the NFA aspect sucks. But, if you're decent with metal working (lathe and mill/drill) you can make one yourself and save a good amount of funds. You still need to send in the paperwork (and pay $200 per unit) for the stamp though. Seriously thinking about doing it once I have a mill too. Need to read up a bit more about the parameters of it and all. Such as if you need to replace any internal components, if that is ok or if you need to do another stamp. I would imagine doing repair work would be ok (not making you get a new stamp).

So, Stevens could make some cans to use for test firing of guns he's working on. That would save him a good amount of $$, and keep the neighbors off his back. It would also be cheaper than making an enclosed test fire area. Especially if he's checking for accuracy as well as function.
Maybe the neighbor that finds it annoying should front the $200

So when he was working on cars all day its ok but when he is working on gund ERRRMYYGEERRRRRD theres guns AAAHHHHH!!!!! because guns are evil and only evil people use them. GMAFB I hope he wins and sues for loss of business

Oh no, She had a problem with the Auto shop too. From the comments:

Laura Kobylis said:

Unfortunately some of you commenting have it all wrong. My husbands family has owned the house across the street from Mr. Stevens for over 20 years. My family was born and raised in NH. Mr. Stevens moved in 6 years after my in-laws built their house. The auto business and gun business have been an issue for some time. Also this is not an anti-gun issue. This is purely about the fact that this business is in a residential area and should be moved to a commercial area. The traffic flow along with the noise from the shooting range is ridiculous. As far as the "party business" comment that was made, I have 2 children's birthday parties a year that I put balloons up for so piss off! You people are blowing this way out of context. All we want is to raise our families and enjoy our home and land in peace. Put yourselves in our shoes. How would this affect your home life? How would you feel if your brother in-law a Sgt. in the U.S Army who suffers from PTSD jumps every time a shot goes off? Or try to get your child down for a nap and even with the windows shut you can still hear the gun shots. Try to get your mail or remove the snow in front of your mailbox but you can't because there are customers parked in front of it. These are just a few issues that have come up. So until you know the whole story don't comment on something you know nothing about! Thank you to those of you who have put yourselves in our shoes and support us!
(Report Abuse)

March 7, 2013 11:47 am

THIS!

It's why the property I bought up in NH is out of the border moonbat zone - in the Northern part of the state

Oh, wait.

108px-New_Hampshire_Presidential_Election_Results_2012.svg.png

I don't seem to get from the article that they are against the type of business or even guns. They just hate the constant noise and the inconvenience of having the additional traffic and strangers in their neighborhood. I don't believe anyone here would really like to have people parked in front of their home all day, all the noise from a gun range, or the concern of who may be walking around the neighborhood. As much as I believe that people here are good, honest, respectable individules, I would have concern that some visiting this establishment may not be. But this goes for his auto garage as well....

When I go somewhere to shoot my gun I intentionally go somewhere where I am not bothering anyone. This may be a range or a pit somewhere but I will be somewhere I am not disturbing anyone. Hunting is another thing as it is a shot or two and your done. Noise is over.

Mmmm put a sign in your yard ,robbers Neighbors do not have guns but I do your choice :) tell them when you stop your bitchen then the sign comes down.

I don't seem to get from the article that they are against the type of business or even guns. They just hate the constant noise and the inconvenience of having the additional traffic and strangers in their neighborhood.

Funny thing, this isn't on some quiet cul de sac- its a long local road that people often do 50 mph on... I'd expect the extra cars would slow traffic down.

Originally it wasn't the woman across the street complaining- it was the guy next door- and his issue was with the range where Gunny Stevens was offering shooting lessons. They've just morphed it to complain about the business, since that's all they can complain about and get a hearing with the town.

Last edited:
I don't seem to get from the article that they are against the type of business or even guns. They just hate the constant noise and the inconvenience of having the additional traffic and strangers in their neighborhood. I don't believe anyone here would really like to have people parked in front of their home all day, all the noise from a gun range, or the concern of who may be walking around the neighborhood. As much as I believe that people here are good, honest, respectable individules, I would have concern that some visiting this establishment may not be. But this goes for his auto garage as well....

When I go somewhere to shoot my gun I intentionally go somewhere where I am not bothering anyone. This may be a range or a pit somewhere but I will be somewhere I am not disturbing anyone. Hunting is another thing as it is a shot or two and your done. Noise is over.

+1. I don't think that woman is being unreasonable. I know that many of you are taking the guys side because he's a gun owner but in this case he seems to be in the wrong. He's infringing on their RIGHT to enjoy their property. Infringing!!! Sound familiar?[rolleyes] Let's leave hypocrisy to the liberals.

+1. I don't think that woman is being unreasonable. I know that many of you are taking the guys side because he's a gun owner but in this case he seems to be in the wrong. He's infringing on their RIGHT to enjoy their property. Infringing!!! Sound familiar?[rolleyes] Let's leave hypocrisy to the liberals.

Only if you agree that gunshots are infringement on some imaginary right. By that standard every shooting range in the northeast would be shut down.

Laura Kobylis said:

Unfortunately some of you commenting have it all wrong. My husbands family has owned the house across the street from Mr. Stevens for over 20 years. My family was born and raised in NH. Mr. Stevens moved in 6 years after my in-laws built their house. The auto business and gun business have been an issue for some time. Also this is not an anti-gun issue. This is purely about the fact that this business is in a residential area and should be moved to a commercial area. The traffic flow along with the noise from the shooting range is ridiculous. As far as the "party business" comment that was made, I have 2 children's birthday parties a year that I put balloons up for so piss off! You people are blowing this way out of context. All we want is to raise our families and enjoy our home and land in peace. Put yourselves in our shoes. How would this affect your home life? How would you feel if your brother in-law a Sgt. in the U.S Army who suffers from PTSD jumps every time a shot goes off? Or try to get your child down for a nap and even with the windows shut you can still hear the gun shots. Try to get your mail or remove the snow in front of your mailbox but you can't because there are customers parked in front of it. These are just a few issues that have come up. So until you know the whole story don't comment on something you know nothing about! Thank you to those of you who have put yourselves in our shoes and support us!

That commenter is out of her gourd. I live right around the corner from that gun shop and drive past several times a week. There isn't much traffic on that street at all. She's making shit up.

I don't seem to get from the article that they are against the type of business or even guns. They just hate the constant noise and the inconvenience of having the additional traffic and strangers in their neighborhood. I don't believe anyone here would really like to have people parked in front of their home all day, all the noise from a gun range, or the concern of who may be walking around the neighborhood. As much as I believe that people here are good, honest, respectable individules, I would have concern that some visiting this establishment may not be. But this goes for his auto garage as well...

You have no idea what you're talking about. I live around the corner from the guy's shop and any traffic is marginal at best. There's no "constant noise." Thorndike Street is fairly rural and no strangers are walking around the neighborhood.

His house/shop is on the left side when you're heading from 149 to 114. There's a fence along the road and you can't see much down his driveway as it's downhill to his house. I've lived here for 5 years and can count on one hand the number of times I've seen a car parked along the fence as most people pull into the driveway.

I live about oh, maybe 3/4 of a mile from a Rod and Gun club, and I hear shooting all the time. It's not particularly bothersome at that distance.

But if one of my neighbors started shooting constantly I'd do whatever it took to get them to stop. I am home all day and I do indeed have a right to the peaceful enjoyment of my home in my residential area. Frankly, it's kinda rude that he not only started shooting on his property to support his gunsmithing, but he then opened a commercial range giving lessons. That's just too far and likely made him a lot of personal enemies.

He has a ton of apologizing and accommodating to do. Not to exercise his rights, but just to be a nice person and a good neighbor.

Only if you agree that gunshots are infringement on some imaginary right. By that standard every shooting range in the northeast would be shut down.

If you think that your right to enjoy your property is imaginary then so are many other rights. I believe its called disturbing the peace and its no different than having your neighbor playing loud music at all hours. I have no problem with the occasional noise but if it goes on every day for extended periods then it is an infringement. In the case of most shooting ranges, they were there before the neighbors so they knew what to expect. This guy started a noisy business in a residential neighborhood.

If you think that your right to enjoy your property is imaginary then so are many other rights. I believe its called disturbing the peace and its no different than having your neighbor playing loud music at all hours. I have no problem with the occasional noise but if it goes on every day for extended periods then it is an infringement. In the case of most shooting ranges, they were there before the neighbors so they knew what to expect. This guy started a noisy business in a residential neighborhood.

Most places allow loud music during the daytime. What constitutes violation of "disturbing the peace" is up for debate. But there is no "right to enjoy your property". Some people just want to be miserable busybodies no matter what their neighbors are doing.

That has nothing to do with NH law.

644:2 Disorderly Conduct. – A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if:
. . .
III. He purposely causes a breach of the peace, public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creates a risk thereof, by:
(a) Making loud or unreasonable noises in a public place, or making loud or unreasonable noises in a private place which can be heard in a public place or other private places, which noises would disturb a person of average sensibilities;

No person of average sensibilities can be reasonably disturbed by occasional gunfire in a rural neighborhood of a rural NH town.

Please see Mr. Weebles' first-hand testimony as a close neighbor.

That has nothing to do with NH law.

644:2 Disorderly Conduct. – A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if:
. . .
III. He purposely causes a breach of the peace, public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creates a risk thereof, by:
(a) Making loud or unreasonable noises in a public place, or making loud or unreasonable noises in a private place which can be heard in a public place or other private places, which noises would disturb a person of average sensibilities;

No person of average sensibilities can be reasonably disturbed by occasional gunfire in a rural neighborhood of a rural NH town.

Please see Mr. Weebles' first-hand testimony as a close neighbor.

+1

I really can't enjoy my yard with loud pipes on cars, trucks and motorcycles I think we need to put a stop to cars with bigger engines than 1.3liters motorcycles more than 250cc and trucks over 3.0 liters

Back
Top Bottom