Freshwater Fishing License...Who can ask to see it?

$165 ticket for it though? If I was an EPO I'd give people the chance to buy a license via his phone app before I wrote a ticket like that.
In that case, everyone would do that. When I had my lake house in NH for almost 50 yrs and paid taxes all that time, the bastards wouldn't let me buy a res. license, so I did without one. Had plenty in the kitty to pay a grand in fines. I just fished off my dock, anyway. Jack.

Eff ME EPO or whatever they are.

Brother-in-law owned a pontoon boat at their Sebago home. Took a bunch of us out, and we made our way up some river, and were drifting back to the lake. EPO pulled him over b/c the registration sticker on the side was from the last year. SIL had re-registered it that week but the decals weren't there yet. Because the cop couldn't write them up for the registration he made sure there were enough life jackets, horn worked, they had a throwable, etc. He couldn't get them for anything.

He then proceeded to give ME a $165 ticket for fishing without a license. I'd made about five casts with my brother-in-law's POS rod that was on the boat, and the EPO had seen me make one of them.

So, eff them.

They need to get some source of revenue after they lost NWL.

$165 for FWL seems a bit excessive. Funny is the stories here. Maine is still the pile-of-d-words they were on NWL. NH works with you in most cases. Just like on TV. ROFL!!!!

Never had an issue with Maine wardens. I try to play by rules. Got checked in songo river locks (no way to run) and had milfoil sticker but only registration was for trailer. After opening every compartment in the boat that was stuffed full of empty beer cans, warden said have fun and have reg next time!

Get checked every year during winni derby, they’re always nice and we always offer food and beer, they occasionally take us up on a snack especially if it’s game. We have a big group and often have a few newbies with us. The ONLY rule for derby is if you have lines in the water you best have a license.

At another my ice derby this year they flagged me for having last years registration displayed on sled. It was registered, but immediately after registering it I let my brother take it up north and gave him the reg and stickers, he never put em on. I told him I swear it’s registered, he looked me up on his smart phone and after seeing how many ATVs and sleds I have currently registered (system wasn’t working for wife this past year so all in my name) he said he was going to write me a warning but just a verbal. Said atv/sled registrations pay his salary.

I once had a MA greencoat give me a ride home (about 15 minutes) after my dog locked my truck from the inside while I was loading my boat on a one lane ramp. I thought that was a good deed. I learned to always leave the window open and to carry a spare truck key in the boat. There were some pissed people who couldn't use the ramp until I got back.

I learned to always leave the window open and to carry a spare truck key in the boat.

I had a key copy cut. It won't run the truck unless you like limp mode, but it sits in my wallet for just such an emergency. My dog loved to lock me out and putting the key in the boat only works when you have the boat with you.

Back
Top Bottom