• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Free Brass/Powders

MAGG

NES Member
I lost my dad in march and had been cleaning out his basement before that. He use to be an avid reloader for along time but had gotten rid of his all his stuff probably 15 years ago. But I found a few milk crates of different size brass and also some powders( not alot and I dont know the shelf life of it)...I shoot but I do not reload and not sure if I ever will..So I wanted this stuff to go to someone who could use it now if its any good...So I figured I would check on here and see if anyone would be interested in checking it out? Im in the south shore near Quincy...anyone interested can send me a PM or reply here...I can drive a little bit and meet someone as well...if I get no interest I will drop it off at my local gun club if thats within their rules.. thanks

Just list what you have, put a reasonably price on it and NES reloaders will pick it up. Jack.

Oh I dont want any money for it Jack...its all free for someone who can use it. I haven't gone thru it all but I know there seemed to be mish mash of stuff.

Sounds like a great Karma item to me!

yea my last karma I did I gave away a pickup truck full of split firewood....maybe I will karma this..just figured I would try here first but I guess I can post it in the karma...its tough because it was my dads and 9 months later Im still having a hard time with him being gone...but I have alot of his stuff I won't ever get rid of. But this stuff there Is no sense me hoarding it because someone else can benefit from it. thanks for the karma recommendation

yea my last karma I did I gave away a pickup truck full of split firewood....maybe I will karma this..just figured I would try here first but I guess I can post it in the karma...its tough because it was my dads and 9 months later Im still having a hard time with him being gone...but I have alot of his stuff I won't ever get rid of. But this stuff there Is no sense me hoarding it because someone else can benefit from it. thanks for the karma recommendation

Sorry about your Dad. I lost mine many years ago and still think about him all the time. The sense of loss is pretty tough at first, but over time that will be mostly replaced with a sense of gratitude and happiness for what you had. Most of my reloading equipment was my Dad's, so there's a connection when I'm making ammo and then shooting it.

Might be in for a karma. I'd pay shipping to central Mass if something possible to ship.

Sorry about your Dad. I lost mine many years ago and still think about him all the time. The sense of loss is pretty tough at first, but over time that will be mostly replaced with a sense of gratitude and happiness for what you had. Most of my reloading equipment was my Dad's, so there's a connection when I'm making ammo and then shooting it.

Might be in for a karma. I'd pay shipping to central Mass if something possible to ship.
OP sorry for your loss, lost my dad a few years ago and mountain says it well.
Im not far from you and sent a PM. As for dropping it at clubs? I dont think they want old powder and brass will generally get scrapped .
If you plan on a club dump try to go during a scheduled event or club breakfast
I posted I n

Last edited:
I lost my dad unexpectedly in 2013. After 5 years it’s still tough sometimes, but I promise you it does get better.

Back
Top Bottom