• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Free Antennas NH

MacNH

NES Member
I used to be a Ham and GMRS operator.

I have a Diamond Tri band vertical base antenna ( 6m,220,440) on my roof with about 20’ of mast and a dedicated GMRS vertical on a chimney mount. Both are coming down by my house painters next month.

Both are free for the taking to the first to claim. Located off 101 near Milford NH.

I used to be a Ham and GMRS operator.

I have a Diamond Tri band vertical base antenna ( 6m,220,440) on my roof with about 20’ of mast and a dedicated GMRS vertical on a chimney mount. Both are coming down by my house painters next month.

Both are free for the taking to the first to claim. Located off 101 near Milford NH.
Is it actually a 6m, 2m, 440 antenna? Diamond doesn't list a 6m, 220, 440 model. If it's a combined antenna with 2m I'm interested. It would be used for the ham shack at MakeIt Labs in Nashua.

Is it actually a 6m, 2m, 440 antenna? Diamond doesn't list a 6m, 220, 440 model. If it's a combined antenna with 2m I'm interested. It would be used for the ham shack at MakeIt Labs in Nashua.
I believe it is… I used an Icom 708 with it for 6m fm, 2m and 440.
I’ll check further to be sure.

I'll take the diamond antenna and 20' of roof mast. If you want a 501c3 receipt let me know.

I'll take the diamond antenna and 20' of roof mast. If you want a 501c3 receipt let me know.
It’s yours.

I don’t have an exact date yet from my painter but the job will be done in July.

Any updates? It hasn't exactly been exterior painting weather very often this month so I expect the antenna removal and painting is a little behind schedule and I'll continue to wait patiently.

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay…

Painters are finally starting on August 14. I’ll advise when the antennas are down.

Painters finally finished up yesterday and left without taking down the antennas as they promised. I’m not happy about it.

In any case, they are available if anyone would like to remove them. First dibs to Kevin_NH and natf.

Attachments

• IMG_2077.jpeg
    IMG_2077.jpeg
    596.2 KB · Views: 16
I'm gonna be helping a friend recover some antennas from a roof. I'm not a fan of putting holes in a perfectly good roof, and I'm especially not a fan of leaving holes in a perfectly good roof. What's the best way to seal back up ones the mounts are removed? Flex Seal under the shingles? It's a shingled roof, at least pics on Google look recent.

This is for the wife of a ham/friend who, we'll just say, can't ham anymore so I want be sure to do right by her.

On closer inspection it looks like there's just this one and a weather station on another tripod that may or may not be coming down.

1695321973675.png

I'm gonna be helping a friend recover some antennas from a roof. I'm not a fan of putting holes in a perfectly good roof, and I'm especially not a fan of leaving holes in a perfectly good roof. What's the best way to seal back up ones the mounts are removed? Flex Seal under the shingles? It's a shingled roof, at least pics on Google look recent.

This is for the wife of a ham/friend who, we'll just say, can't ham anymore so I want be sure to do right by her.

On closer inspection it looks like there's just this one and a weather station on another tripod that may or may not be coming down.

View attachment 798213

I grabbed an old large dish off the roof of a church and used black roof caulking to seal up the holes.

I grabbed an old large dish off the roof of a church and used black roof caulking to seal up the holes.
Yup. AKA "gunk" or "goop".

If close enough to the top of the roof, you can maybe put in a new shingle, if you can cleanly remove the old one. Again, many gobs of gunk required. Then maybe reseal again when it gets warm/hot out.

Back
Top Bottom