Anyone have the free version of Ham Radio Deluxe ...

I know that the current versions of HRD are commercial, but I am wondering if anyone has one of the 5.0 releases that was published as shareware back a few years. I am interested in giving the PSK31 mode a shot, and the 5.0 releases seem to have been great. For the record, I'm not at all interested in pirating a newer version.

Thanks,

CC

Does it have to be HRD? I know FL Digi is popular, and supports a number of digital modes. Sorry, this is the best I can do; I'm retarded when it comes to the digital modes.

The last "free" release was back in 2011, version 5.0 Build 2893, many places claiming to have HRD for download serve up malware or pirated copies of the new $100 version.

I believe this is what you should look for:
Code:
Name: HRD_5.0.2893.zip
Size: 55115118 bytes (52 MiB)
MD5:    f7842e6e98162c67caa787c099de5efc
SHA256: 17B23C6E482016240A1D8A001653623178094BC39CC42D9A9ABDB62F2170A7AD

Yes, I'm using the freeware version here in the shack. Quite honestly, I don't know what the differences are between the free version and the one you need to pay for.. Everything I need is on the freeware version. If you need it, I think I still have a zipped version on my computer somewhere but if you poke around on the interwebs, you should be able to find one. I will say that since FT8 came out, there is very little PSK any more.

Back when HRD was sold, the buyer went around to all the places he could find that had the free version available and sent them a cease and desist email...some people gave them the finger and a big FU. Those are the sites you have to find. They came by the free version fair and square and there's no reason for them to C&D.

Last edited:
It is a shame greedy people ruin a hobby. You know if you want to sell it go for it but to make someone pay a yearly fee!!!!
That is just bull!

Search for "HRD_5.0.2893.zip". Compare the checksum and size with what I posted above before running it.
I've been using this version for nigh on seven years. I don't know if the checksum is correct but it has been working fine for me all these years. If a few people here want a copy, if I can, I'll email you the zip file or barring that, I can buy a few cheap USB drives and mail one to you. I've never tried emailing a zip file but if it's possible, I'd rather do it this way if possible.

Just PM me your wishes...

Back
Top Bottom