FREE Access to Lexis/Westlaw-MA

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
While looking for a particular CMR this morning, I stumbled on this website that tells us where in MA we can get FREE access to Lexis/Westlaw!

Looks like a great resource, so here it is pinned for eternity! [lol]

Here are the locations where Free access to Lexis/Westlaw can be had all across the state of MA.
http://www.lawlib.state.ma.us/lexiswestlaw.html

Norwood, MA location is a commercial building inside Rojo's parking lot.
http://www.lawlib.state.ma.us/norfolk.htm

IIRC, the State of MA gave exclusive rights to Westlaw to publish (and charge for) all access to MA court cases. That's why you can't find almost anything in MA publicly accessible . . . except for these locations <g>.

"And when you're saying Lexus, I'm guesing that you are talking about Lexus-Nexus?"

Lexus makes cars.

Lexis is a legal database; Nexis is its periodical counterpart. Each has its uses.[/b]

C-pher said:
Good call...and I should have known that as I lived down the street from them...

Thank you for the correction.

But even though it's two different things, isn't it still one company?

NOT the same company. Note the difference in spelling. Legal = Lexis, Cars = Lexus. IIRC, Lexus is a division of Toyota Motor Company.

LexIs/NexIs is owned by West Publishing Group (Westlaw), the 800# gorilla of legal research.

LenS said:
C-pher said:
Good call...and I should have known that as I lived down the street from them...

Thank you for the correction.

But even though it's two different things, isn't it still one company?

NOT the same company. Note the difference in spelling. Legal = Lexis, Cars = Lexus. IIRC, Lexus is a division of Toyota Motor Company.

I think that I was misunderstood.

I was talking aobut Lexis and Nexis being of the same company. They have the same building in Miamisburg, Ohio.

C-pher, yes you were misunderstood.

Lexis-Nexus, Westlaw, etc. are all part of West Publishing Company. So yes, you were correct.

LenS said:
C-pher, yes you were misunderstood.

Lexis-Nexus, Westlaw, etc. are all part of West Publishing Company. So yes, you were correct.

I thought so...I started feeling a little stupid. When I have friends that work at Lexis-Nexis, and when I lived literally down the street. I mean, I could walk out my front door, off my front lawn, look left and my street T'd right into the main entrance. I considered working there, but then I got transfered to EDS here in MA.

Back
Top Bottom