Fred's M14 Stocks???

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone here had dealt with this business before, and what were their thoughts on it? I have spoken with one other member of NES and he said it was hit or miss! Just wanted a little more input from those in the know before I placed an order. His stuff seems to be nice. Thanks!! Jim

I have an order that's been pending since 11/14/2014. I'm getting no response to e-mail queries.

I would call and/or e-mail first before ordering, to be sure there's someone there.

I've gotten quick turnaround in the past. I understand he's had health problems that make him non-responsive occasionally. I think he's a good guy. He's just not always there.

I've ordered from him within the past year and the stock showed up right away. He even threw in a free old style hand guard.

In my searches for M14 accessories, I had read from 9 out of 10 that his turnaround was very prolonged. Every once in awhile you'd hear about someone getting quick shipment. But, if your not in a hurry and don't mind the wait, his stuff is nice. This is all just research and speculation of course. Have you looked at Numrich gun parts? I ordered and quickly received a nice used walnut stock for (I want to say) 20.00 or something like that.

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone here had dealt with this business before, and what were their thoughts on it? I have spoken with one other member of NES and he said it was hit or miss! Just wanted a little more input from those in the know before I placed an order. His stuff seems to be nice. Thanks!! Jim

Fred is a good guy - he started the Appleseed Program - and (at least the last time I paid any attention) - that consumes a lot of his time. He may be having health issues too lately , I really haven't paid much attention for a while.

My experience ordering from him in the past is that he's definitely hit or miss. It might take quite a while to get your stuff. I think it depends on whether he's there or not. If he's got something you really want - you'll get it sooner or later. If you want it right away - probably best to go somewhere else.

I bought a synthetic stock with the jungle stripe cammo pattern from Fred a few years back, Freakin thing is sweet. Shipping was a little slow but they tell you that going in. I know the last time I was on Fred's site (a while ago) they were out of stock on many items, I think sources were drying up.

Got 2 nice birch stocks from him and quickly I might add. I was prepared to wait on delivery after reading some comments....

Back
Top Bottom