Thumbhole stocks count as an "evil feature"?

crookedteeth

NES Member
Because it is somewhat like a pistol grip which, as we all know, turns a hunting gun into a instrument of mass murder.

I believe they do count in New York, and would have counted under the AWB passed by the US House this year:
“(49) The term ‘pistol grip’ means a grip, a thumbhole stock or Thordsen-type grip or stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip."

2. a grip, such as a pistol grip, a thumbhole stock, or other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;
This was from a 2013 CT gun law summary.

This means Any Anschutz, Feinwerkbau, Single shot , bolt action , no magazine, Olympic competition equipment is a prohibited item....?

Last edited:
This means Any Anschutz, Feinwerkbau, Single shot , bolt action , no magazine, Olympic competition equipment is a prohibited item....?

I believe that it's another "feature", where sufficient quantity of features makes it an "assault weapon". I do remember wondering about my 10/22, semi-automatic with a thumbhole stock, but I gave up giving a damn.

Why?

Why would a single shot be prohibited even if it had a pistol grip?

What is your reasoning behind this? Do you think a pistol grip makes a rifle an automatic prohibited item?

Why would "equipment" have a pistol grip? ... is this equipment or a damn gun you are talking about?

There are women on this forum, guys.

Have a little class…c’mon, it’s Christmas.

For thread relevance, I’ve always thought thumbhole stocks were gayer than AIDS.

…then I shot with one. They’re actually REALLY comfortable to shoot with on a precision platform. Pretty sure I’ll never have one on anything I might grab in a self defense scenario, but never say never I guess.

There are women on this forum, guys.

Have a little class…c’mon, it’s Christmas.

For thread relevance, I’ve always thought thumbhole stocks were gayer than AIDS.

…then I shot with one. They’re actually REALLY comfortable to shoot with on a precision platform. Pretty sure I’ll never have one on anything I might grab in a self defense scenario, but never say never I guess.
There are gays on this forum. Have a little class.
Right now there's somebody near a christmas tree getting kissed by the balls.

When I lived in Mass, I had an Arsenal SLR-95, which was legal to buy during the Clinton/Brady AWB of 94' because it had the stupid looking thumbhole stock. Now the very same stock is not legal because it has the thumbhole ???

SLR95.jpg

BTW, I sold it before I moved to NH in 2014 so some lucky person in Mass could have the opportunity to own one after the Mass ban of 98'.
Then after moving up here, I replaced it with a sidefolder AK. [smile]

View attachment 701896

And when did BPD start outfitting suppressors?

When HR decided it was less expensive than paying lifetime disability payments to cops for hearing loss.

God forbid the average citizen be afforded similar preventive measures.

f*** Boston PD, f*** Massachusetts legislature.

Now the very same stock is not legal because it has the thumbhole ???

View attachment 702133

It does not appear that Massachusetts has equated a thumbhole with a pistol grip yet, but other states have. The only reason I can think of for thumbhole stocks was to work around the AWB, so naturally the "scary looking gun" crowd want updated laws to close what they perceive as a loophole.

Back
Top Bottom