For you guy's that appreciate electronics....

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
You've probably never had to deal with Pulsed Power, but switching 1200VDC @ 1000A can get a bit tricky.[smile]

So today, I coined a phrase for work:

R anc C are your best friends, but L is your ex-wife!

(Hey C-Pher.......when are you going to come by my work someday? Any weekend day would be good[wink])

Last edited:
what frequency are you switching at? That's alot of current for your everyday switching FET :)

whoa, you can use that induction heating applications, I know that 60kHz is not superhigh, but frequency depends on desired penetration ... I know it sounds dirty ... some induction melters used very low frequency in steel melting applications, although whatever people use for knife making, are generally higher. Seriously though, most people who tried induction heaters for knife making work would dream of having one in a shop, induction heaters rule, especially with this power rating.

Tell C-pher there's beer and he'll be there before you can open the first one. [laugh]

I am expecting him to bring the beer![smile]

I will...I just suck right now for weekend time. This weekend I have a class on Saturday, then my wife is throwing me a birthday party that night...Sunday will be on the couch drinking gatorade and recovering from Saturday night. HAHA

We'll work it out....I hope soon, but we will work it out. And yes, I'll bring the beer.

Back
Top Bottom