For the Mosin fans.

1903 Collector in the April Accuisition thread made mention of a Mosin that he picked up at Northeast Trading. I stopped there after work and saw the same thing he did but was paying more attention. 2 of the 91/30's in the rack were ex-snipers! I grabbed a Izshevsk 1943 that had the better of the 2 barrels but there is still a 1943 Tula with the correct marks on it. I don't think it has alot left for life but it is real. These have the Century billboards on them and the sniper forum on Gunboards.com says that they are around. $137 for the rifle and some looking for scopes and mounts will get me a better ( correct ) sniper than the repo I have now.

Joe R.

I have a repro and spent hours today trying to get it to shoot on the paper. Now I'm waiting for a glass bedding kit from Brownells because it has some serious issues shooting straight even with the irons.

I'm sorry that yours does that. My repo is on a 42 Izshevsk barreled receiver and shoot pretty well with some of the light ball and Hung. heavy ball. I didn't even have to file or shim the mount - the windage adjustment is 1 line down from zero and I could take that out with the turret adjustment. Make sure you have the mount elevation adjusted right and all the screws are tight. Lastly, the crosshair windage adjustments are NOT like the current scopes - you want to move the round impact to the right, you need to move the post to the left. It took me awhile to figure that one out after I was having problems getting it to settle in.

Joe R.

1903 Collector in the April Accuisition thread made mention of a Mosin that he picked up at Northeast Trading. I stopped there after work and saw the same thing he did but was paying more attention. 2 of the 91/30's in the rack were ex-snipers! I grabbed a Izshevsk 1943 that had the better of the 2 barrels but there is still a 1943 Tula with the correct marks on it. I don't think it has alot left for life but it is real. These have the Century billboards on them and the sniper forum on Gunboards.com says that they are around. $137 for the rifle and some looking for scopes and mounts will get me a better ( correct ) sniper than the repo I have now.

Joe R.

Kevin at the store pointed that info out to me but Mosins are not really my thing I have a couple for the collection but that's as far as I will go with em, same with the K-31s, Mausers etc. Not knocking them by and means but the Springfields are what get's me goin... [grin]

O3C....

Back
Top Bottom