• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

For guys who have done FTF sales in MA

I want to sell a pistol pretty soon, and was wondering how you guys set up your FTF sales from a logistics stand point?
I'm aware of the E FA10 form etc.... but am more interested in hearing how you actually do the "meet up" and legal paper work.

Can you print the E FA10 form before hand, meet somewhere, fill it out, and then enter the info online after? OR, do you meet somewhere with a laptop and do the E FA10 form together (I suppose you would also need to print hard copies)? I've never done a FTF sale before and would like to make it as easy as possible for both the buyer and myself.

I typically pick a public place or range and bring a friend or will find a dealer and pay the transfer fee. In the past I have printed out the forms and filled out the seller section before the meet up to save time. If you can still find the carbon copy version at local pd get a couple and you only fill it out once. Bring a couple black pens and keep in mind that the buyer section takes more time to fill out. I will always handle the mailing in of forms if you don't do an e fa10. I start by checking LTC and that they have the correct funds. Then proceed with paperwork etc. As a side note I will always carry to these FTF meetings and keep the firearm(s) unloaded and secured until transaction is complete.

I would do an e-fa-10 if you possibly can, i have found it to be much easier. I go to my office during an off time and do the transaction, if you belong to a club that is a great place for it

First off thanks for going green on your first post.

second i like the EFa10 form you can't print it out and fill out later both parties need to be there to enter the info then submit. it takes 10 minutes then you print out the copies just like if you would have bought a firearm at a gun shop. Easy like sunday morning

Talk to the other person, so that what you see as "prudent" does not come across as paranoid or weird.

Verify all the details - price, time, etc. Do it by email, so that it's all in writing. Get the other person's info, and fill out as much of the paperwork as you can in advance (if they're reluctant to give up some info in advance from a "security" point of view, that's prudence, not paranoia).

Cash is king.

Find the most remote dark alley, preferably one that that isn't in the worst part of town. Wait for a cold, rainy, windy night when its unfit out for man or beast, have transportation gassed up and fluids checked, have three back up handguns and maybe a shotgun loaded with 00 buckshot and slugs ready for deployment, if possible have a second vehicle with at least one trusted friend keeping watch over the area incase you're being set up.

Speak only in code( Navajo is the one that proved to be most beneficial in WWII) and in a low muffled voice with poor articulation and with a hand in front of your mouth so a lip reader with a telescope or telephoto lens can't see your mouth to translate what you are saying. Also use a fake accent especially if you're from New York, New Yorkers can be picked out of a large crowd like a 100,000 watt beacon in total darkness. Try to speak like a mix of Wisconsin and Philly, they won't know whether to shit or go blind when they hear it.

Make sure nobody follows you to the meet up site, this can be accomplished by driving around in several directions well prior to the scheduled meet, and also entering and exiting limited access highways and taking randome turns down unlit or poorly lit roads, killing your lights and watching for any followers. Oh and it helps to have a switch installed on your brakelight so you can apply the brakes without the lights lighting up the entire neighborhood.

Once you make contact, never let your eyes rest and keep looking around in every direction for any sign that the other party was followed. Make sure they brought cash and its not in fake fifty's and hundreds that they just ran off on their laser printer a half hour ago, using paper they stole from the office at work or from the nearest Staples or Office Depot.

Count the money twice and stuff it in a front pocket so you won't lose it if you have to bug out of the location under withering gun fire. Oh and make sure you've got a lighter, a pack of smokes, a small flashlight with fresh batteries and some change to use a phone.....oh that right, there are no more pay phones.....skip the change then, unless you want to use it dropping it on the floor as a diversion as you draw down on some unscrupulous character that trying to dis you.

Other than that, communicate with the buyer, do the E-FA-10, count your cash and wish the buyer a good day.[smile]

Oh and welcome to the board....I think.[wink]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought in guns in McDonald's parking lot before , a cops house , at the basketball hall of fame. No problems. Always check itrader ratings that will give you a good idea if they are legit guys or not.

No need to make it weird, if you can do as much paper work before hand as possible it sucks doin it in the car or on the side of a vehicle. Carry if you can

Welcome to NES. It is good to have new members and I am glad to have you aboard.

Relax and don't over think it. The last couple of face to face purchase and sales I have done, were in my living room. If you are selling to a member here, you can check out their feedback score and who their friends are to give you a feel for what they are all about.

At first I was a little leary of meeting at my home, but when you think about it, you both have each other's home address etc anyway. As others have mentioned, meeting at your gun club is also a real good option. Then just save the paper work as a PDF and email it and print at your leisure

I want to sell a pistol pretty soon, and was wondering how you guys set up your FTF sales from a logistics stand point?
I'm aware of the E FA10 form etc.... but am more interested in hearing how you actually do the "meet up" and legal paper work.

Can you print the E FA10 form before hand, meet somewhere, fill it out, and then enter the info online after? OR, do you meet somewhere with a laptop and do the E FA10 form together (I suppose you would also need to print hard copies)? I've never done a FTF sale before and would like to make it as easy as possible for both the buyer and myself.
I recently purchased a handgun from an NES member. I went to his home and we both filled out the eFA-10 form online, after which he printed out a copy for me. It's legal and took less than 1/2 hour (15 minutes of which I spent inspecting the handgun).

met in the Walmart parking lot, he had an "FA10" from his PD...... PD photocopied one of theirs..... i didn't think that would cut it so i took the photocopy home with his info on it, filled out the EFA10 online, and mailed him a printed copy of it.....

I've met in gas station parking lots, mall parking lots, police departments, and at home. Home was reserved for someone I know well.

First off thanks for going green on your first post.

second i like the EFa10 form you can't print it out and fill out later both parties need to be there to enter the info then submit. it takes 10 minutes then you print out the copies just like if you would have bought a firearm at a gun shop. Easy like sunday morning

I've bought in guns in McDonald's parking lot before , a cops house , at the basketball hall of fame. No problems. Always check itrader ratings that will give you a good idea if they are legit guys or not.

Bring a laptop, meet at Starbuck or Dunkin because they have free Wifi.

yes yes yes.

did one once at the public library for the wifi because that was the only place in that town that had it

i do the fa-10 on my ipad, and just e-mail copies to the buyer and myself to print out at home

Yeah in all honesty, not to sound like a dick head, I only meet people at my house who have been NES members for a while, and have a certain amount of posts. That's just how I do it. And, I check their iTrader feedback as well.

yes yes yes.

did one once at the public library for the wifi because that was the only place in that town that had it

i do the fa-10 on my ipad, and just e-mail copies to the buyer and myself to print out at home

This sounds pretty good to me. I'm probably going to do a meet up at Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds. It hadn't occurred to me to email the forms as PDFs to myself and the buyer. I was hung up on having to print hard copies out in a parking lot....

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Glad to have finally joined the forum (I've been reading it for ages)

I've had someone come to my house. I've made a couple sales in various Panera parking lots (they have wifi). Starbucks too. Once at a rod and gun club. Keep in mind that for the efa10 you need wifi. If you're the seller the need to print stuff is no biggie, you can print it out at home and mail it to the buyer, you'll both be able to write down the conf. number in case you can't print it on e you get home. I've only have one guy stand me up. Everyone else I've met has been cool.

I usually meet in a public parking lot someplace in the corner where your not gonna scare anyone. I have done one e fa10 on an iphone and the other time have had the buyer fill out a paper fa10 then went home filled out the e fa10 and sent them the transaction number to let them have conformation it was put through.

Some may not approve of this, but it's convenient. Meet at a place that has wifi and use a laptop to do the E FA10. Verify their LTC and input their ID# and the system pulls up all their essential information in the form. You will need the make, model, and barrel length of the weapon in question. The seller will need their pin number. Then, you can download the PDF receipt and email a copy to them so they can print it out when they get home.

If your not a fudd/pussy then use the PDF. 100% legal dispite what the fudds/pussies say.

E-FA10, have laptop with internet access and with a PDF creator application, use a free one if necessary. Do it in any place you feel comfortable, a range, a public place, parking lot, dark alley or your house, I have done a few depending on scenario. Exchange cash and gun, do the FA-10 online then print the confirmation to a PDF and save it locally. You can then print the file any time you like as well as email a copy to the other party. Just verify it printed to a PDF properly. My first transfer didn't print right (blank document) so neither of us have a print out even though we did a proper legal transfer.

You want to meet in full daylight with lots of people around. School playgrounds are perfect for this.

Sent from my tablet because I'm too lazy to turn on my computer.

Back
Top Bottom