For all you new Mosin owners...

These are going to be added to my other MN's. And yes they will be fired on a monthly basis. There is no reason to keep them in the safe to once again be in the dark. (they have seen darkness too long as is!)

So buy more ammo, and bring them out to enjoy the ranges!

Just to note: Extend your bayonets on the M44's! Your balance of the firearm will be better when your shooting.

These are going to be added to my other MN's. And yes they will be fired on a monthly basis. There is no reason to keep them in the safe to once again be in the dark. (they have seen darkness too long as is!)

So buy more ammo, and bring them out to enjoy the ranges!

Just to note: Extend your bayonets on the M44's! Your balance of the firearm will be better when your shooting.

I thought I was getting sucked into some kind of myth, but I absolutely hit closer to POA with he bayonet extended. Since these are 91/30's, will adding the bayonet have the same impact on POA? Also, do these come with them?

oh shi@.. my mind is so stuck on M44's... opps.

I have not noticed a change when shooting the 91/30 with a bayonet on, but I do notice my POA when I do not extend it on the M44s.

Good question... if not you can find them for about $10-$15
I have a few around that if I can find, I will just give away to the NES members that order these.

oh shi@.. my mind is so stuck on M44's... opps.

I have not noticed a change when shooting the 91/30 with a bayonet on, but I do notice my POA when I do not extend it on the M44s.

Good question... if not you can find them for about $10-$15
I have a few around that if I can find, I will just give away to the NES members that order these.

Nice! I saw a picture with the bayonet attached - someone said they are like a pike and they are right...[shocked] Can't wait!

Russian/Soviet doctrine with bayonets was that they were fixed to the rifle at all times except storage and transport.

Thanks for the info, even if I read it about a dozen times before. For anyone that hasn't read this, you better this has a lot of great info.

As for the 91/30 group buy this will give me 3 91/30s, they are one hell of a good gun [wink].

I just cleaned mine up last night! i still have to do some more bore-scrubbing, but the thing is a beauty..can't wait to shoot her!

Don't over scrub. Clean it with Break Free CLP enough to get the crud out, usually 10 passes with a brush followed up by some patches, and shoot it with some non corrosive ammo, then clean it again. You should notice a huge difference in the bore the next time you clean after sending a few rounds through it.

Then buy a spam can of surplus stuff like Czech silver tip and blast away.[smile]

Don't over scrub. Clean it with Break Free CLP enough to get the crud out, usually 10 passes with a brush followed up by some patches, and shoot it with some non corrosive ammo, then clean it again. You should notice a huge difference in the bore the next time you clean after sending a few rounds through it.
[smile]

for some reason, no matter how much i try with hoppes, clp, and break cleaner i can not get the barrel even remotely cleaned. any suggestions?

for some reason, no matter how much i try with hoppes, clp, and break cleaner i can not get the barrel even remotely cleaned. any suggestions?

try letting foaming bore cleaner sit in the barrel for about 1/2hour then brush 10 times going both ways and then clean it out with powder solvent then lube with CLP... works for me:)

P.S. make sure you cleaning correctly with water for corrsive ammo before cleaning regularly.

try letting foaming bore cleaner sit in the barrel for about 1/2hour then brush 10 times going both ways and then clean it out with powder solvent then lube with CLP... works for me:)

P.S. make sure you cleaning correctly with water for corrsive ammo before cleaning regularly.

ill have to pick up some of that foaming bore cleaner then. i use simple green also occasionaly, thats water based if i can remember correctly.

I think Break Free CLP has a foaming bore cleaner out now too. For some reason BF CLP works great in all bores.

I had rifles that I scrubbed with Ed's Red, gel bore cleaners, etc. and had white patches until I'd run one with Break Free through and have it come out dark grey.

The whole "shoot clean" theory does indeed work too. I find using quality non corrosive ammo works best for doing so.

i remember reading that foaming bore cleaner was patented so no matter what brand its all the same, the foaming bore cleaner is water based but its no substute for cleaning for corrsive ammo.

Back
Top Bottom