FN Five Seven vs Sig Sauer P226 Firearm Faceoff!

Hello everyone :)

For the first question of Firearm Faceoffs. I wanted to see which everyone here would choose between these two holy grail, military beloved companies. Which of these fan beloved and tried and true guns if both placed on a table, no strings attatched, would you pick up and which you'd leave behind.

Sig-Sauer-P226-Elite-Dark_001.jpg

1200px-FN5701.jpg

Two simply gorgeous guns, both by amazing companies and both are two dream handguns of mine. I just can't help but decide which one I like more lol. I love FN Seven trigger guard and hand feel, It's unique because of the unique rounds it fires. But I love the Sig Sauer, and other variants of the same gun. Becuase keep in mind the FN is very much more in price than the p226. So if you want to make the P226 an elite or a MK25 feel free. I only chose two comprable looking pistols to compare.

So both are on the table, which pistol are you sliding into your holster and walking away with? :D

The Five Seven is an excellent weapon but in MA you're stuck with neutered 10rd mags and a far more expensive, less terminally effective round (without the AP option, too, which is what inspired its creation in the first place)... Cost and effectiveness of ammo would steer me toward the Sig, assuming that it's a "this is your new carry gun" situation. Sig makes amazing weapons - I have a P229 (little brother of the 226) and a Five Seven, but the Sig gets WAY more action.

The Sig hands down.... the FiveSeven is "cool" (although the whole thing is an answer to a question nobody asked) but it's not a P226...

-Mike

The P226, not only because I own one and have put thousands of rounds through it with no malfunctions that were not operator induced, but also because of the ammo pricing, availability, and options.

Just added a 226 to the safe. Can't wait to play with it. NOS 2012 manufacture NIB $599. I didn't want to, I had to.

Sig all day.
The Five Seven is a ridiculous weapon and a silly caliber unless you are running around with a full auto sbr'd P90 doing ninja stuff and you want to only one overpriced/overhyped caliber.

discussion/mega-rant starts 2:30:00 and goes on for a while.

Hello everyone :)

For the first question of Firearm Faceoffs. I wanted to see which everyone here would choose between these two holy grail, military beloved companies. Which of these fan beloved and tried and true guns if both placed on a table, no strings attatched, would you pick up and which you'd leave behind.
Two simply gorgeous guns, both by amazing companies :D

Are you sure you selected the right two guns? The pictures don't seem to match the descriptions

Given the 2 choices, I would go sig if it was pre-cohen. The FN is just an embarrassment

5.7 with 21 rnds of AP f-you on your belt is pretty sweet if money is no issue. The AP rounds are available, just not at Walmart.

forget about the pistol. look at the cartridge. 5.7 needs velocity. it behaves like a miniature 223. the PS90 makes some sense. the 5.7 pistol is just dumb. 17 rds of 9mm from a G17 is an obvious pick over 20 whatever little 40 gr stuff the 5.7 flings.

the pistol u want is a P30. now ur talkin’

I love my Sig 226. It was the first new gun I bought after I got my license in Boston after a 30+ year hiatus. Just a great gun, 9mm which I love since I shoot a lot of 9mm and I don't have to keep buying different calibers of ammunition. The Sig has a real good feel in my hand, well-balanced, extremely accurate, 100% reliable, just a perfect full-size handgun. Just my 2¢.

Back
Top Bottom