Florida got it right

Someone emailed this to me, don't know if it's true or not.

Subject: Reap what you sow
Florida got it right. Bravo for Sheriff Judd !

POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF GRADY JUDD

Some 'dirtbag' in Polk

County Florida who got pulled over in

a routine traffic stop ended up 'executing' the deputy who stopped him.

The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at

close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A state wide

manhunt ensued.

The low-life was found hiding in a

wooded area with his gun. SWAT team officers fired and hit the guy 68 times.

Now here's the kicker:

Naturally, the media asked why they

shot him 68 times. Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, told the Orlando Sentinel: 'That's all the bullets we had !!' (Talk about an all-time

classic answer !!!)

Justice served. Bullets are much cheaper than 40 years of meals, cable and civil rights.

I just moved up here from Florida and I was pretty tight with the local LEO establishment down there. It is a known fact that if you kill an officer, you aren't going to make it to trial. Now while I love my LEO brothers, I do believe that this has some sinister implications for our "changed" world.

Street justice by way of law enforcement sounds legal to me. Same as in the military, they weren't going to flex-cuff him and wait 2 years to see him smile in court just to spend the rest of his life getting free cable and bragging rights in the pokey.

Well, it sounds great unless they get the wrong guy. Good thing cops never make mistakes! [rolleyes]

While I would agree with you on this most of the time, in this case there wasn't much doubt. IIRC the perp was still on the scene taking pop shots at the Swat team when they unloaded on him. Kind of hard to claim you're an innocent bystander when you're shooting at the cops.

This isn't new. In most places, at least outside New England, if you kill a cop, you better be laying prone with empty hands outstretched on the pavement with five witnesses when they catch up with you.

It's like the Rodney King thing.

When I was a youngster my friends and I traveled to LA all the time for concerts. It was a well known fact that if you valued your skull, you didn't f**k with the LAPD or Sheriff's Dept. They had a long and storied reputation for beating the holy Hell out of anyone resisting, which has a lot to do with the fact that there were at least then, vastly fewer cops per person and per square mile in LA county than any major metropolitan area. -Not enough bodies to be nice, a litle fear went a long way to making things peaceable.

So when the videos were being aired on the King thing and everyone was acting surprised, I just laughed. Hell, it had been that way for 40 years!

I got stopped a couple of times hitch-hiking on the freeway etc by the LAPD. I moved real slow and said "yes sir, no sir" and had no problems. I had friends who were smart-asses. They went to jail with bruises.

Back
Top Bottom