Flip-Up AR rear sights

Newbie with a BCM flat-top upper with fixed mil-spec front sight. I'd like to pick up a flip-up rear sight to tide me over until I can afford an EOTech (or similar) and to use as a backup in the future.

It seems that there are the $100+ 2-way sights and $40+ windage-only sights like this one: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR142-7.html

Cheap is good on this budget build, so any reason NOT to go with the $40+ windage-only version as a temporary/backup sight?

also, any reason to believe that the sight in the link above will not be compatible with the fixed sight on my upper?

Check out the reviews. 3.5 out of 5. IMO don't go cheap on weapon parts, you will more than likely replace them with the ones you should have bought first.

my brother works for L3 and gets employee pricing on EOTech. talk to him if you go that route. i'm an Aimpoint fan myself. seen to many EOTechs go out of service on the range. i can get you dealer pricing on Aimpoints when you're ready to buy.

dude, once again, you rawk!

Check out the reviews. 3.5 out of 5. IMO don't go cheap on weapon parts, you will more than likely replace them with the ones you should have bought first.

Agreed. Buying cheap means you'll buy twice -- first to buy the cheap POS, and second to buy the quality part you should have bought in the first place.

I like the A.R.M.S. #40 L, as it fits under my RCO.

ACOGBUISzoomin.jpg

I went with the mid-range Midwest Industries (MI) sights - both front and rear - and am very satisfied. Don't forget to also check gunbroker.com for cheaper prices. I saved 10 - 15% by doing that, and paid cheaper shipping costs than the usual distributors.

Good luck!

I went with the mid-range Midwest Industries (MI) sights - both front and rear - and am very satisfied. Don't forget to also check gunbroker.com for cheaper prices. I saved 10 - 15% by doing that, and paid cheaper shipping costs than the usual distributors.

Good luck!

Good point - I got my last Troy, (LaRue marked) from a member on another forum for $80.00 shipped....

Last edited:
I learned the value of a good BUIS at the Polar Bear Carbine match last weekend when my red dot failed prior to the first shot of the match. I have the A.R.M.S. #40, and was very comfortable shooting the match with it. Didn't miss a head shot. It's worth shooting a bit on your BUIS to make sure it's up to the task.

If you want to go flip-up, it will be really hard to beat a Troy....Reviews and comparisons abound out there on the info-superhighway....They are pricey, but worth it - built like tanks and mount solid....

http://store.troyind.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=3

Funny, I was about to suggest the Midwest Industries model. [wink] You can get them for $90 new. They're solid, don't wobble, and are a great bang for the buck.

I'm looking at the MI's now. What's the story with these being compatible with standard fixed front sights? I want to make sure they will work with my M4 Carbine's fixed front sight.

If you want to go flip-up, it will be really hard to beat a Troy....Reviews and comparisons abound out there on the info-superhighway....They are pricey, but worth it - built like tanks and mount solid....[/url]

Exactly. And, the rear Troy BUIS fits nicely under my Millett DMS scope on NES-027.

It is sweet and built like a hammer - it'll never wear out.

I'm looking at the MI's now. What's the story with these being compatible with standard fixed front sights? I want to make sure they will work with my M4 Carbine's fixed front sight.

They work. I use that configuration. The apertures themselves are identical to the ones on standard carry handle models.

Has anyone had personal experience with the MAGPUL back up sights?

IMG_0742%201028%20WEVO.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom