Flat or that pluck foam

GunGrey

Banned
Ive got some ideas in mind for a storage build and im kinda torn between using that cut and pluck foam, the one with the precut squares and regular flat foam. Ive found a website that will sell both to whatever LxWxH I need. Does anyone here like the pluck foam? the only benefit i can see is that it is semi easy to cut and shape but will have the block shape. Now the flat foam the only problem i can see is going to be cutting out the area to that shape of the gun and not going all the way threw the piece foam. Pretty much this means im going to have to buy layers and use a bottom sheet.

Pretty much what I want to do is have a piece of foam with a cutout that is almost the exact shape of my firearm and cut outs for a mag or two next to it. I want it to stay snug and not really have anyroom to shift.

Care to share the website? I've been considering a similar project for my pelican 1700; I had to carve up the foam that came with it for one thing, now need it for some other firearms.

You should be able to order spare foam for your case from Pelican.

If your using a hot knife to cut foam don't breath the smoke!!!! As it is a carcinogen. Another option to cut foam is that electric knife you got as a wedding gift circa 1970!! These things work amazing to cut foam!

I was in the foam business for 3 years. I worked for the largest foam company in the US out of Richmound. You wouldn't believe what it costs to make the stuff as opposed to what they sell it for. Can you say 3000% mark up!!

If your using a hot knife to cut foam don't breath the smoke!!!! As it is a carcinogen. Another option to cut foam is that electric knife you got as a wedding gift circa 1970!! These things work amazing to cut foam!

I was in the foam business for 3 years. I worked for the largest foam company in the US out of Richmound. You wouldn't believe what it costs to make the stuff as opposed to what they sell it for. Can you say 3000% mark up!!

Isn't that the truth! Holy goats... that stuff is expensive, especially when you factor in shipping!

I used a standard "breakaway" long box cutter to cut mine with no issue. I just traced around the items going in with a sharpie, cut on the *inside* of the lines and was good to go. I saved the parts I cut out.. I may glue some of them back in to save some cash. If one did a different setup for every possible config they could want it would cost more than the damn rifles by the time it was all said and done!

Back
Top Bottom