flashlight/stungun combo

Bernietech

NES Member
I just received an email from a non-firearms business in another state selling two different flashlight/stungun combos for personal protection. There are several places where they will not ship. And you guessed it, MA is on the list of no ship! Holding a LTC in ma, can you own and carry it?

Bernie

I got one of those a few years ago, I believe it was from thatdailydeal.com

The 'stun gun' part worked once or twice, and then it stopped working. Definitely wouldn't want to trust your life to a cheap one.

I got one of these online for under $30, Amazon currently has them for around $50 and the manufacturers site shows them for $84.95.

297470_ts.jpg

No, I never zapped anyone with it, but it certainly gets your attention (both visually and audibly) when those duel electrodes start arcing.
BTW, it has a triple safety system so the chances of zapping yourself accidentally are pretty much nil.

I don't understand the infatuation with stun guns. They only shock the bejesus out of for as long as they are in contact with you. Yeah, the fat guy above slammed his head into the wall, but in reality tasers work because they contact and maintain contact. If you've ever been where someone was tasered, as soon as the power turns off, the person is getting up. I think that is the reason people get train tasered, cop sees them get up and hits them again instead of cuffing under power.

I just don't see it as an effective self defense option unless you use that 2-3 seconds for a head start. I'm old and slow, 2-3 seconds isn't going to buy me much time if that is my only option.

Back
Top Bottom