• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Surefire flashlights

There’s no such thing as indestructible. If you want something broken, just give it to a grunt and tell him it’s a crucial piece of gear. He will fugg it up in a jiffy.
I just got off the phone with surefire and they’re still going to fix this thing… apparently to get the LED out they have to heat the thing up to melt the adhesive.

Makes me feel like a scumbag on welfare. $200 for a flashlight that’s made it 13 years they’ve sent me like $100 worth of parts….. I honestly think a lot of times they’re just happy to see something work.

But I swear to God, when I was in complete darkness on my flashlight didn’t work I didn’t like it very much. I do have some of the newer stuff but it is what it is.

There’s no such thing as indestructible. If you want something broken, just give it to a grunt and tell him it’s a crucial piece of gear. He will fugg it up in a jiffy.
Back in 2004 I gave a friend deploying to Afghanistan a Surefire and a mount that attached to the front sight (not a lot of floating rail fore ends issued back then).

He managed to snap the thing entering a cave. Called a friend at Surefire, they shipped a new one to APO just based on the pic of the broken mount and even sent a whole new light even though the old one worked, it just had a gouge in the aluminum body.

Do we know how much of China is in your Surefire lights these days? Remember it's no longer "Made in USA" but it's "Proudly built in the USA". As huge of a difference as Swiss Made watches and 'Swiss Movement' watches.

asdf1234.png

wtf is anduril 2? more shit people don’t need? its a flashlight….🤣
Skinflint China brand car headlight the size of an empty toilet roll
Amazon product ASIN B09H2VKZQMView: https://www.amazon.com/sofirn-Flashlight-Rechargeable-XHP50-2-Charging/dp/B09H2VKZQM/

It's a step-less gradual ability to increase/decrease brightness. I got one in 4300K color temp. Blinds anyone coming your way.

Four of these LEDs inside. Like I said, LED tech has come a ridiculous way

Skinflint China brand car headlight the size of an empty toilet roll
Amazon product ASIN B09H2VKZQMView: https://www.amazon.com/sofirn-Flashlight-Rechargeable-XHP50-2-Charging/dp/B09H2VKZQM/

It's a step-less gradual ability to increase/decrease brightness. I got one in 4300K color temp. Blinds anyone coming your way.

Four of these LEDs inside. Like I said, LED tech has come a ridiculous way

Actually i just figured out that anduril 2 is a flashlight OS.... 🤣 i thought we had reached peak gayness when i saw RGB controllers for computer lighting but i was clearly wrong...... 🤣🤣

Actually i just figured out that anduril 2 is a flashlight OS.... 🤣 i thought we had reached peak gayness when i saw RGB controllers for computer lighting but i was clearly wrong...... 🤣🤣

Funny. Years ago I had an interview for a company that makes flashlights for the DOD (same folk that made EOTech). Fancy flashlights with microcontrollers embedded.

Didn't get the job. The chief engineer felt that the software they had embedded was way too sophisticated. lol.

Has to be near the top of one of the most abusive interviews I've ever had. Group interview, going well until CE showed up ... late of course. Everyone else went completely silent as he entered. The whole conversation went straight into the crapper as he spewed a slew of insults and demeaning comments.

Meanwhile C / C++, they were in love with using MACROs for anything and everything. Macros are the future.

It's a flashlight programmed to blink SOS, a-holes. Secret clearance required.

Surefire just sent me a new charger for my rechargeable headlamp, a bunch more lanyard clips. I’m still sitting on a couple spare. pocket clips. and they’re fixing my flashlight said it back sometime next week and I am pay anything. I swear to God I’ve gotten more customer service and parts out of them and then I paid for the flashlights and they’re over 10 years old…

Sure there’s a lot of options out there but at the time it was the best choice and I’ll tell you what they stand by their product. I’m not getting paid to say this.

I’m not also saying this, just cause you get free shit their stuff is pretty difficult to break. You just can’t lose it and that’s why you need extra lanyard rings and when you break those it just happens the thing gets caught in something or whatever

I was confused because they sent me a brand new charger for my rechargeable headlamp, which I really like other than it gets really hot and all my spare parts for nothing and I was like where’s my flashlight? It’s coming.

I don’t care about the new fancy lights they have out if I ever buy a new one, I’ll still buy a surefire

Surefire was great about sending a replacement end cap for my original 6P. I've had the light for over 25 years and I probably don't have enough time to put 25 years of wear and use on a new one. I replaced the bulb assembly with an LED one, but other than that original (and before they started making their designs fancier - love the original classic 6P).

The only negative about Surefire is they go to extreme lengths to make sure customers never pay less than 100% retail. Any dealer caught discounting is cut off from any future dealer ordering.

I've got several; I used to have an E-1D & 2D which disappeared after moving last year. I believe the movers got took them as I've been through every box, bag & drawer in the house & garage without success. [frown] [angry]. They've since been replaced. I've got a 6PX tactical on the AR and another on the 870, Can't kill them. Great lights!

I was just disappointed I couldn’t fix it myself. But if they’re gonna mail me parts for free, I might as well just send them the whole unit back.

All my lights have been used extensively every day for forever except for my IR regular light weapons lights all you gotta do is not leave the batteries and I’m in the last 100 years. I wish I had a cell phone adapter so I can take photos of how great that stuff works but I’m just really impressed and then I feel bad. I didn’t pay a penny but it’s just like my Shrek/Mcr rifle.. we destroyed that thing and under a year and they sent me another one for free to me anybody who stands behind their product means something to me, but at this point, I feel like I’m ripping them off and I’m on food stamps

When everything comes back, I’ll post a photo.

I actually didn’t think they’d fix it

I plan on getting this soon...

I always wanted a RED LED in addition to a white LED...

I actually have a normal Aviator and another cool light.

I'm looking to accessorize my new Kitanica Mark I jacket and attaching it to the MOLLE

Anybody else take a look at Fenix flashlights? I consider them to be the same quality as surefire, with a better price.

Interesting feature, USB rechargeable batteries. Never had a battery that could be recharged with usb...it is a handy feature.

I got a PD25 as a gift and loved it, except for battery life, maybe 8 hours on one of the lower settings.

Got a E35, much brighter but the on off switch is hard to find in the dark.

Finally got a PD36 and it goes with me everywhere.

I can say a 3000 lumen flashlight is bright and hot, I usually run it at mid brightness to make the battery last longer. Worth a look in my opinion if you are a flashlight person.

Fenix
Plus one for Fenix. I have a bunch of them.

Because of security changes at work, I had to buy another flashlight.. i’m hoping this one will defeat the metal detector..

I think it’s super gay that I have to walk through the metal detector as security.

It’s part of how I test its function because it’s kind of important that it works

For f***s sake, when I used to go to the strip club, I just walk around the metal detector if it’s actually actually even plugged in.

View: https://youtu.be/ajmI1P3r1w4

Yeah, that’s what I wanted is a plastic piece of shit. Maybe it won’t be so bad but it doesn’t have a pocket clip or a lanyard so you gotta get this gay plastic holster.

All my other lights are over a decade old and they have repaired the multiple times over a decade. The deal is you can’t lose them though and somehow, I doubt like the other lights if you run them over this one’s going to make it.

Other than the holster, this is the other option I see and it’s so stupid. This will get you shot by the police without a doubt..

Attachments

• IMG_3210.png
    IMG_3210.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3209.png
    IMG_3209.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
It also just occurred to me when I started this thread. I posted it in the wrong forum.

Back
Top Bottom