Fitchburg Man Shot Answering Door

2 A.M. Visitor Shoots Homeowner Dead

BOSTON -- A Fitchburg man was shot and killed early Wednesday morning when he answered the door for a 2 a.m. visitor, according to the Worcester County District Attorney's Office.

Police found Freddie Santana, 27, dead in his Columbus Street apartment doorway, according to a press release from the district attorney's office. He was taken to Health Alliance Hospital Leominster Campus with a gunshot wound and pronounced dead at 2.25 a.m.

Several law enforcement agencies are involved in the ongoing investigation.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/20370431/detail.html

That was probably a nice complex when it was built, before the sub-human animals turned it into the ghetto, the graffiti says it all :

bilde

Great.......My girlfriend moves back to Fitchburg State College on Saturday. And people wonder why I jumped through hoops just to be able to carry OC on campus. Its just such a GREAT area!

Last edited:
Best not to answer the door at 2 am if you still owe for the dope. Jack.

or, supposing the victim was not involved in anything like dope, it's best not to answer the door at 2am unarmed.

Yesterday I worked from home. My brother was home from work as he had one of his wisdom teeth yanked the night before. He was sleeping around noon.

I heard someone trying to open my apartment door and they didnt give up after the first attempt. I was not expecting any visitors, so my blood started pumping. I was cc-ing so i went towards the door (gun holstered) to check the peep hole.

Before I could look through the peep hole, the door swung open....It was my parents, making a surprise visit to bring ice cream to my bro.

When my dad saw the look on my face, he's like "so how close were we to getting shot?"

I'm like, "ummm i have self control but my hand was ready to draw...Next time knock first."

They have a set of keys, but jeez, knock before using them!

or, supposing the victim was not involved in anything like dope, it's best not to answer the door at 2am unarmed.

That's what I can't understand. I live in the sticks and I would never answer the door without a gun on me. If that apartment complex is where he lives the gene pool just got a cleansing.

2 A.M. Visitor Shoots Homeowner Dead

BOSTON -- A Fitchburg man was shot and killed early Wednesday morning when he answered the door for a 2 a.m. visitor, according to the Worcester County District Attorney's Office.

Police found Freddie Santana, 27, dead in his Columbus Street apartment doorway, according to a press release from the district attorney's office. He was taken to Health Alliance Hospital Leominster Campus with a gunshot wound and pronounced dead at 2.25 a.m.
I'm confused... was he a homeowner or an apartment dweller? Somehow, those just don't look like condos...

Somehow I don't get the feeling that there's an unknown killer on the loose just knocking on doors looking to kill people.

This is exactly what I thought. It could be a case of mistaken identity but it is still most likely drug/crime related as far as the shooter goes.

Or it could just be the evil gun whispering stuff into his ear, I bet it was an evil black gun.

That's what I can't understand. I live in the sticks and I would never answer the door without a gun on me. If that apartment complex is where he lives the gene pool just got a cleansing.

I think the pool needs a little more chlorine . . .

I have to agree it isn't real bright to answer the door in a neighborhood like that at 2am, unarmed and unprepared.

Or he could be the opposite, someone trying to clean up the neighborhood and harassing dealers.

That's the spirit! Turn that frown upside down! [rofl]

I'm WAY out in the sticks, and same here.

Might even have a rifle, not a handgun. You even bank on me having back up, well behind me.

Interesting story from the burg:

There was a guy caught red handed dealing drugs out his girlfriend section 8 subsidized apartment (not his first offense). She claimed ignorance about what was being sold out of the house and got to keep her section 8 (right).

He was released on bail pending a court date. He decides to skip bail so where does he go? Lowell, New York, Montana? Try the Dominican Republic (with his woman)!!!! No one thought to revoke his pasport WTF?

Good news though, his woman will be loosing her apartment so "more deserving" person can have it (barf). Fitchburg is turning into a really bad place in a hurry.

I don't open the door at any time of day unless I know who it is. At 2 in the morning I would be armed and the talking would be through a closed door and I would be standing off to the side.

not surprising that it happened in fitchburg, but i dont like the fact that it is one town over from me

I don't open the door at any time of day unless I know who it is. At 2 in the morning I would be armed and the talking would be through a closed door and I would be standing off to the side.

This is exactly what I was thinking, I've gotten out of bed and wandered the apartment turning on lights with the shotgun after hearing funny noises, this guy answers a door at 2am? I get the feeling he's no stranger of answering the door at all hours, no normal person would just yank open a door at 2am and ask what the person wanted.

I think the pool needs a little more chlorine . . .

I have to agree it isn't real bright to answer the door in a neighborhood like that at 2am, unarmed and unprepared.

That's the spirit! Turn that frown upside down! [rofl]

I'm a glass half full kind of guy.[smile]

You would just think someone "in the game" would be suspicious about someone banging on the door at 2 am and answer it armed.

Answer the door at 2AM? I live in a fairly well lit condo complex in a more than decent area, and I would certainly have at least a handgun, maybe the SKS.

not surprising that it happened in fitchburg, but i dont like the fact that it is one town over from me

Well wait till you live about 1/2 of a mile from that street like me. Granted I live in the better part of Cleghorn, where my neighbors and most of their tenants, are good hard working people. We keep our area clean, we have nice homes and we "force out" undesireables. This housing complex, I remember being built, it was a very nice building, in an old french neighborhood way back in my teens. Now, the area is infested with drugs, and some of these "tough guys". When you have a complex where the landlord only cares about getting his check, and lives in NY or Boston, you tend to see these roaches inviad the area. Personally, they make me laugh, because they are so pathetic, trying to emulate the " Hollywood Gangsta". If they want to kill each other, hey I am fine with it, in fact I encourage it. Why should I care if a group of useless drug dealers or users kill each other, I will just stay clear of the cross fire is all.

Back
Top Bottom