• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First trip to a gunsmith for a re assembly..... update......i had to fix it myself.

Shit, if it make anyone feel better, I had a 1911 that I had to set aside for a few weeks 'cause I couldn't get the trigger/sear working right.
I had a old 22 rifle that was in pieces for about 4 years cause I was to lazy to move all the shit out of the way to retrieve the retainer and spring that went FahLing.
When I finally cleaned out after a pipe leak I found the parts and reassembled it.

That rifle is small, light and easy to carry but a pain in the ass to disassemble and reassemble. My son has one and it doesn't like light bullet loads. It will only cycle with full power loads of at least 240 grains.

That rifle is small, light and easy to carry but a pain in the ass to disassemble and reassemble. My son has one and it doesn't like light bullet loads. It will only cycle with full power loads of at least 240 grains.
I've made my own ammo for it and it runs fantastic. 265 grain Hornady interlock and imr4227

Nice, now hang a sign “gunsmith” make some extra $$$$
5a2lt9.jpg

I shamefully went into a gunshop with a disassembled Ruger MkII in a box lol. Just couldn't figure out that latch.... Guy chuckled and showed me in about 1 minute. Since then I've showed quite a few people how to get it right the first time.
Years ago I was in a gunshop poking around, and a guy came in with a Ruger Mk II in a box.
Guy behind the counter fiddles with it, can't get it together, says "Well let's take apart this new gun and see how it comes apart."
When they had three guns apart, I decided it was time to leave.
(Note to self, don't take this guy's advice on anything!)

I shamefully went into a gunshop with a disassembled Ruger MkII in a box lol. Just couldn't figure out that latch.... Guy chuckled and showed me in about 1 minute. Since then I've showed quite a few people how to get it right the first time.
I have the YouTube link on how to reassemble saved lol

I have the YouTube link on how to reassemble saved lol
If I had any doubt I'd forget how to re/disassemble that rifle, I'd probably download it for posterity. YouTube seems suspect for keeping that up for the forseeable future.

Just test fired it it's fine lol. Just glad I got it sorted out.

To get that trigger back together at one point you have to line up 4 different parts.....all under spring pressure......and get the pin through all four while holding everything down woth one finger. Took me like 20 tries for that step.

Back
Top Bottom