• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First time shooting clays today

Hiltonizer

Banned
... and holy crap... now I know that's why that's all the old timers at the club do.

Just picked up a cheap pump last week, and a buddy and I took it out today.

Gonna start looking into the official sport of it, rules, variations, etiquette and the lingo.

From what I had read, the pumps are less than ideal for shooting doubles.. but I seemed to do OK the few times I needed to take 2 shots at a disc. Short-shucked a few times but it was also my first time firing the gun.

Anyone got any good tips/pointers for a newbie?

it is fun for sure. some pumps can be hard on the shoulder though. i went out one weekend with a friend that had a new 870 and came back black and blue. A little pad on the end goes a long way. I eventually picked up an old over under Beretta Silver Snipe for cheap and love it

I love skeet and trap. It's the only time I can shoot at moving targets.

I have a female friend who weighs 100 pounds soaking wet and she's a natural at blasting clays. The first time I took her shooting was her first time handling a firearm, and she put me to shame on the clays.

Buy shells in bulk. Clays are addicting.

1/2 the case I bought with the gun are gone already. Me and my buddy each numbered it in about 45 minutes.

A hell of a lot cheaper than 45 minutes with my AR, .45, or Saiga [wink]

Back
Top Bottom