Firearms Spreadsheet

I created a spreadsheet to keep track of my gun purchases and sales, serial #'s, FA10 #'s, etc etc.

Thought I'd post it up and see what you guys think. Maybe some of you could use it to help organize and maybe some of you have better ones you could contribute.

I use MS Excel 2007 but I also saved it in Excel 2003 format. The 2003 format may be missing some conditional stuff, but I believe functionally it is the same.

The Excel 2007 version

The Excel 2003 version

What it does:
  • Every purchase is highlighted in blue
  • Every sale is highlited in pink
  • There is a column for you to mark FA10's so you know how many you have used for the year
  • At the bottom of the list it calculates your total purchase as well as total sales and the difference
  • It tells you how many guns you should have in your possession. I know it sounds stupid but sometimes I forget
  • There is a notes section to put info on sales. I use this to keep information about FFL transfers because you don't receive much paperwork from the FFL when doing one.

Here is a screenshot:
14crv9t.jpg

I'm trying to get it to display the actual guns you should have i your safe but I can't do that without using a pivot table and I hate them.

Any suggestions?

I did a similar listing in Excel and it works well for me. I divided mine into three sheets:

Handguns
Long guns
Firearms Sold

Gunsafe seems a bit too complex for me. I really don't need that much functionality...but then of course I can't do certain things in Excel that gunsafe can do.

Nice, but I don't want a total of how much I spent... that's a number that I've been afraid to calculate!

Thanks for posting this.

I have an Excel file on a thumb drive that I keep in a fireproof safe that lists all my credit cards, expiration dates and 800 numbers in case my wallet ever gets stolen. A second sheet on the file has all my guns with serial numbers but I think I'll replace it with this.

Back
Top Bottom