Firearms License interview questions.

Im looking for advice on what I should say when I go in and get printed and my picture taken, I know they give you a little interview, I was wondering what should I expect. What are they going to ask me? and how should I respond. I just want to have an idea of whats going to happen so I can somewhat be prepared. Anytips or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a job interview. Just stay relax and be yourself.

Sent from my broken iPhone.

If the interview starts going, south, stand up and yell, "I pay your salary, Pig!" then tell him, "Bad cop, NO DONUT"

That will make everything all right....

Note: j/k

That's usually more effective if you stab him in the chest with your index finger as you say each word.

My interview process was pretty much a non event. I live in a pretty small town and actually shot the breeze a little bit with the Licensing Officer. He was very upfront with me and told me that the Chief always issues ALP unless he has a reason not to. (Obviously a Green town).

Relax and be yourself. Like you said, you will be fine.

Just say," I do not need no stink'n interview. Give me my "God Given rights" you stinking son of a ... (fill in the blanks)" Or just sit there, smile and answer respectfuly to all their questions. Get your LTC and have a drink. Good Luck. Painless... unless denied.

Best of luck.. coming from a small town I walked in with no appointment during the police station (chiefs) 2 hours a week office hours. I left shortly after with everything done.. finger prints etc. My interview was more about asking how I've been.. my siblings ..parents. etc. Its crazy how much it varies from town to town and city to city.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you get that nervous, I'd strongly suggest a good stiff drink, perhaps 4 then a few hits off the bong and you'll be right as rain.

<disclaimer>
I am not a lawyer, any advice I give may, and most likey will, lead to your utter downfall

If you want an unrestricted license, ask for one. If you're asked why you want an LTC, give a reason which would require no restrictions, such as "self defense" or "for all lawful purposes". If you just say for example, that you want an LTC to hunt and target shoot, you may end up with a license restricted to hunting and target shooting.

The good news is that you are applying in a "Green" town, so unless things have changed, and providing that you have no criminal history and filled out you app accurately, you should be good to go!

It is normal to be apprehensive about an interview with the police. Try not to get worked up about it.

If you get real nervous around police, just picture the cop in ladies underwear (who knows, he might really do it) that should take the edge off, just try not to laugh too hard.

You got nothing to hide, right? Why the unpleasant feeling with LEO?

Sent from my broken iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom