Firearm shipment.

Shipping a rifle via USPS is as easy as boxing it up, printing a prepaid label with insurance, etc. on pirateship.com and then going to the post office and handing it to the clerk. Make sure to get a receipt. The couple times I have done it there were never any questions asked.

Never heard of "pirate ship" before. Adding it to my list of "things I should remember but can't so I write them down".

Thank you.

Never heard of "pirate ship" before. Adding it to my list of "things I should remember but can't so I write them down".

Thank you.

It's great for shipping any parcels. You enter the address, weight, and dimensions and it gives you discounted rates for USPS and UPS that can be sorted by cheapest, fastest, etc. It's also nice to waltz into the post office and drop your package in the prepaid bin while everyone else is standing around in line. Obviously with a rifle you want to drop it off at the counter and get a receipt.

It's great for shipping any parcels. You enter the address, weight, and dimensions and it gives you discounted rates for USPS and UPS that can be sorted by cheapest, fastest, etc. It's also nice to waltz into the post office and drop your package in the prepaid bin while everyone else is standing around in line. Obviously with a rifle you want to drop it off at the counter and get a receipt.
Or just have them pick it up with your regular mail delivery. I find that part of Pirateship a little clunky, so I just do it on the USPS site.

Obviously not for rifles, but for smaller items it saves me from even going to the PO

I used to ship entire cases of ammo via usps. Told them it was lead crystal plates....

I just did this within the last month, in my defense I didn’t know it wasn’t allowed. I used UPS overnight and dropped it at a mailbox store. UPS requires a description, I put down “parts”, which was kind of true.
If you didn’t know it wasn’t allowed how come you didn’t put down what it actually was that you were shipping?

Update…. Package never made it to Montana.

It was shipped from stoneham to boston to Chicago back to boston, and now it will be back to my stoneham post office tomorrow. Let’s hope it’s all there am not damaged.

I will pick it up in the morning. either pirate ship or local ffl to my smith. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom