Finally my dream came true moving to Florida

Congrats on the move OP.

Florida isn't my thing for a couple of reasons, but you'll be happier than where you are. I'm sure winter driving will be a bit easier.
Read up on FL gun law quirks. It has some gotchas and unsafe(gun free) zones that look like they were written by a Mass liberal on a power trip.
Also, I'm not a member for many reasons, but the FL GOA rep is a first class individual and very active through the state/country. He's really fighting to fix FL's laws. Consider joining once you get down there.

Problem with the glock is the mismatch frame and slide like every other glock in mass

I'll go opposite of the others and say sell the Glock. Nobody in the real world wants to deal with mismatched numbers and there are incidences of idiot cops reading the wrong numbers if they come across the gun. Glocks are disposable pistols and a dime a dozen. Get rid of it in MA where there is a market for mismatched crap.

You can sell it FTF in MA provided the other person is legal. List it here after buying a membership-if already a member of AR15.com, you can list it there without buying a membership. For an easy couple hundred bucks, you can sell it to a local gun shop.

That said, it would make a fine garage, shed, or truck gun that you wouldn't care if it gets slightly rusted up or stolen.

Congrats on the move OP.

Florida isn't my thing for a couple of reasons, but you'll be happier than where you are. I'm sure winter driving will be a bit easier.
Read up on FL gun law quirks. It has some gotchas and unsafe(gun free) zones that look like they were written by a Mass liberal on a power trip.
Also, I'm not a member for many reasons, but the FL GOA rep is a first class individual and very active through the state/country. He's really fighting to fix FL's laws. Consider joining once you get down there.

I'll go opposite of the others and say sell the Glock. Nobody in the real world wants to deal with mismatched numbers and there are incidences of idiot cops reading the wrong numbers if they come across the gun. Glocks are disposable pistols and a dime a dozen. Get rid of it in MA where there is a market for mismatched crap.

You can sell it FTF in MA provided the other person is legal. List it here after buying a membership-if already a member of AR15.com, you can list it there without buying a membership. For an easy couple hundred bucks, you can sell it to a local gun shop.

That said, it would make a fine garage, shed, or truck gun that you wouldn't care if it gets slightly rusted up or stolen.Nobody in the real world wants to deal with mismatched numbers

I'll agree with most of what you posted above, but "Nobody in the real world wants to deal with mismatched numbers" is not correct in my personal experience.

Nobody in the "real world" gives a damn about matching numbers, except collectors, and purchasers of new firearms. The only number that matters is the serial number on the frame.

I'll agree with most of what you posted above, but "Nobody in the real world wants to deal with mismatched numbers" is not correct in my personal experience.

Nobody in the "real world" gives a damn about matching numbers, except collectors, and purchasers of new firearms. The only number that matters is the serial number on the frame.

We all know which number matters. Many others do not.

My personal experiance with mismatched numbers is based on living in more than a handful of states. He's going to get rid of that pistol eventually-he'll get more with mismatched numbers in MA than he will elsewhere. We'll just keep disagreeing.

Sell the Harley and get more guns.

Personally I wouldn't own a street bike in FL, flat and straight roads would get really boring very quick. Unless of course you like just going straight lol
Actually up around Ocala is probably the best riding in the State of Florida, it is amazingly beautiful up there.... there are actually changes in elevation in the roads!

I am riding less and less, last winter between the 2 bikes I bet I didn't do 500 miles.... and I sold of my Kawi C14 because it wasn't getting used at all.. 3 bikes in NH was great, in SW FL it was a waste.

the roads do do a number on tires though.... I need a set for my 13, but they are in short supply.

Problem with the glock is the mismatch frame and slide like every other glock in mass
Dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Find a different ffl to get a brand new glock that match perfectly other then The Gun Parlor you JA

Enjoy The Villages. My guess is you are over 50 years old. Lots of granny pussy down there to get a STD from

Last edited:
Mind if I ask where in Florida you're heading to? I have 7 years to retirement and FL is on our list, but it's such a big state, so trying to start research now. Congrats on your escape and best wishes to you & your family there!

Dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Find a different ffl to get a brand new glock that match perfectly other then The Gun Parlor you JA

Enjoy The Villages. My guess is you are over 50 years old. Lots of granny pussy down there to get a STD from
I’m 28 brother and no I didn’t got my glock at the parlor I got it from a store at the mill

I'll go opposite of the others and say sell the Glock. Nobody in the real world wants to deal with mismatched numbers
Nobody?
I have never given a sh*t if all the numbers on a handgun match. In fact, unless it was a collectible I never looked.

Glocks are so cheap, I also don't look at buying used unless there is a big price difference or it is a race gun.

Nobody?
I have never given a sh*t if all the numbers on a handgun match. In fact, unless it was a collectible I never looked.

Glocks are so cheap, I also don't look at buying used unless there is a big price difference or it is a race gun.

and I'll repeat myself:

My personal experiance with mismatched numbers is based on living in more than a handful of states. He's going to get rid of that pistol eventually-he'll get more with mismatched numbers in MA than he will elsewhere. We'll just keep disagreeing.

Congrats on the move. If you "love" what you have keep them. If not sell them. The prices aren't cheaper in free states, just the ability to buy what you want. I sold all mine before I moved to Maine and my only regret was my M&P 45 that I shot well and wish I kept. Glock prices up here in Maine are just as they are in Mass

Did you consider effects from hurricanes into you new residence location? I know FL is mostly flat, but there must be some slightly higher elevations.
Ocala is in a decent spot for hurricanes... there's 2 in fl

1 is the tallahassee area because most hurricanes break either the way lee did or out to alabama

Or ocala which most go up the coast or hit tampa

I’m 28 brother and no I didn’t got my glock at the parlor I got it from a store at the mill
There are couple shops at the Mill run by happy morons who don't understand the how and why of frame transfers and make up their own rules. Mismatched serial numbers is one of these made up rules. It just takes two separate dealers, the first being an 07 and you can have whatever you want including matching serial numbers.

Now for the real question, did you pay more than 638+tax? Free state price on the gun is 588 so because its a two dealer transfer, you might pay a little more in MA. 638 + tax would be top dollar.

Im guessing you went into a ground floor shop with a name that should have warned you and paid a lot more.

Enjoy Ocala, nice place to live in my opinion (not from there but very familiar). As an added benefit, north central FL isn’t being overrun the way coastal FL has been the past few years.

They think it’s hot, boring (transition: lots of open space), and full of rednecks and gators…and they’re right! But the jokes on them, the ‘desirable’ parts of FL are similar, just switch out the rednecks for NY/NJ/MA people…

Enjoy Ocala, nice place to live in my opinion (not from there but very familiar). As an added benefit, north central FL isn’t being overrun the way coastal FL has been the past few years.

They think it’s hot, boring (transition: lots of open space), and full of rednecks and gators…and they’re right! But the jokes on them, the ‘desirable’ parts of FL are similar, just switch out the rednecks for NY/NJ/MA people…
Northern Florida also has the nice gun ranges.

Once you go 30min south of Tampa, it s*cks a** for gun ranges. Few rifle ranges.

When I was looking st loving near Tampa where my family is, I looked at rifle ranges. From Wimauma there were 2, maybe 3 good ones within 30-45min. That's it. Looking further north there were more.

Southern Floroda is a sh*thole for gun owners that like going to the range several times per month/week. If you are happy paying monthly + paying per visit + havign to reserve a lane in a 50ft indoor range, then it is fine.

Southern Floroda is a sh*thole for gun owners that like going to the range several times per month/week. If you are happy paying monthly + paying per visit + havign to reserve a lane in a 50ft indoor range, then it is fine.
I think we're more spoiled here in New England than we realize....clubs/ranges are abundant.

Back
Top Bottom