File under TSTL

Scrivener

Banned
I had a boss who told me, "Cheap people are stupid people." Guess he was right:

Longview man shoots his hand while loading firearm
Sunday, December 6, 2009 7:17 PM PST
By The Daily News

A Longview man accidently shot himself in his hand outside the Longview Walmart Saturday morning, trying to put ammunition into his newly purchased gun.

The man, 64, bought a 9 mm gun Friday from Four Corners General Store in Castle Rock, Longview police officer Chuck Davis said. Saturday, he bought ammunition for it at Walmart and was loading the gun in his vehicle in the store’s parking lot around 11:30 a.m. when it accidentally went off.

The bullet went through the palm of his left hand, then struck the driver’s door and the side view mirror, Davis said. The incident happened near McDonald’s on the north side of the parking lot, though several people nearby were unaware of the incident, Davis said.

The man drove himself to the hospital and while there, he showed Davis he could still move his fingers, the officer said.

No citation will be issued.

If the cheapo had bought his ammo from the dealer where he bought the gun, the dealer would probably have taught him how to load it. Then again, actually reading the manual might have helped.

The bullet went through the palm of his left hand

I've been about five feet away from one of those "mistakes". Not a very fun place to be. Also very, very hard not to call the guy a complete tool while you're trying to get him to sit down and let you look at his hand.

when it accidentally went off.

A lot of these idiots have these guns just make up their own mind and "go off". Tens of thousands of rounds and I've never had one of my guns "go off".

the sig reps i know ( ex-glock guys because glock corporate sucks so much they can't keep any reps on board for more than a year or two) claim that more people have shot themselves when their glocks "went off" than any other handgun out there.
a. Glocks appear to be a favorite amongst the thug crowd who are not known for good judgment (or decent holsters[wink])

b. Gotta love a gun that requires an ND to take it down for cleaning[laugh]

So, I don't think this should be a surprise...

Hmmmm.

a. Glocks appear to be a favorite amongst the thug crowd who are not known for good judgment (or decent holsters[wink])

b. Gotta love a gun that requires an ND to take it down for cleaning[laugh]

So, I don't think this should be a surprise...

Amazing the things you can learn on the net. I've owned Glocks for years and have never had an ND with one, not even for cleaning.

*I* must be doing something wrong................... [rolleyes]

Amazing the things you can learn on the net. I've owned Glocks for years and have never had an ND with one, not even for cleaning.

*I* must be doing something wrong................... [rolleyes]

You also:

1. Use a holster;

2. Hold it straight; not sideways; and

3. Have A Clue.

You are clearly not part of the class in question. [wink]

Have to admit I find it hard to decide which I like less, pulling the trigger on a firearm that is in battery as part of breaking it down, or the S&W or Walther methods where you throw an internal lever or remove the grip pannel.
Anyone with two working brain cells should be able to clear a Glock before disassebly, but you hear so many "I cleared the chamber, removed the mag, the pulled the trigger" stories that one wonders. They seem to remember all the steps, the just get the order wrong.

Tens of thousands of rounds and I've never had one of my guns "go off".

You're doing it wrong!

1. Drink a fifth of hard liquor
2. Load gun
3. Drive to Walmart parking lot
4. fidget with loaded gun until it goes off. You'll know you did it right if you or someone near you gets hurt or killed, but you didn't conciously "pull" the trigger. For best results, have several other items in your hands while fidgeting with the loaded gun. These can be anyingthing from keys to a baby. Get creative here and most importanly, have fun!

A lot of these idiots have these guns just make up their own mind and "go off". Tens of thousands of rounds and I've never had one of my guns "go off".

My guns go off by themselves all the time. A bunch of times I have come home from work and found all my evil black rifles downstairs clustered around a map planning their takeover of the world. Beginning of course with a McDonald's massacre, and then a crazed run thru downtown shooting wildly from the back of a pickup truck - just to scare the sheep.

At least that's what I tell my liberal moonbat friends.

They believe me.

Its kind of like how cleaning accidents always result in nearly perfect, Annie Oakley-esque chest shots to the wife. Its just one of life's little mysteries, I guess. "Officer, I was just cleaning the gun when it went off by itself and hit the wife right in the head, across the hall"

Its kind of like how cleaning accidents always result in nearly perfect, Annie Oakley-esque chest shots to the wife. Its just one of life's little mysteries, I guess.

Like when a cop is cleaning his gun and it "just goes off."

Into his temple.

Like when a cop is cleaning his gun and it "just goes off."

Into his temple.

It's amazing how many cops have accidently killed themselves while cleaning thier guns over the years. It's almost an epidemic. Guns must be really dangerous if cops can't handle them safely. I guess that's why they want to ban civilian ownership.

the sig reps i know ( ex-glock guys because glock corporate sucks so much they can't keep any reps on board for more than a year or two) claim that more people have shot themselves when their glocks "went off" than any other handgun out there.

a local kid in town here blew a hole the size of a half dollar through his right thigh a couple of years back while he was unchambering his glock while driving. ended up crashing into a utility pole and was minutes away from bleeding out when they found him. he's on my volunteer fire dept., and finishing up his associates degree in CJ to be a part time cop on the town's dime.

Bad trigger discipline does not discriminate. Guns do not go off on their own. An un intentional discharge when unchambering his glock while driving also is not an indictment of Glocks it just shows that this associate degreed person is an idiot that has no place carrying a gun or being an LEO anywhere.

Have to admit I find it hard to decide which I like less, pulling the trigger on a firearm that is in battery as part of breaking it down, or the S&W or Walther methods where you throw an internal lever or remove the grip pannel.
Anyone with two working brain cells should be able to clear a Glock before disassebly, but you hear so many "I cleared the chamber, removed the mag, the pulled the trigger" stories that one wonders. They seem to remember all the steps, the just get the order wrong.

That's the problem you have when people memorize how to do things in life instead of actually understanding how they work.

Couldn't happen in MA. Loaded chamber indicators and 25 lb triggers make our guns safe.

Couldn't happen in MA. Loaded chamber indicators and 25 lb triggers make our guns safe.

[laugh2]

I think if cops keep killing themselves while "cleaning their guns" cops should have their guns taken away. Its only the safe thing to do, and if they are ever in trouble they can call one of us and they can hold out until we get there.

Any takers?

Back
Top Bottom