• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FID and bullet componets

Kicker96FS

NES Member
I have a question, I know you need a FID at least to have bullets or parts thereof. My question is does a FID for pepper spray cover that?

My problem is I love to reload, shoot, etc. but I have to put every little thing away all the time because the wife does not shoot, have a FID, and really doesn't like guns in general. (I am working on her).

She would carry pepper spray. So if I took her down to the PD and got her a FID for mace/pepper spray, would that cover my butt (and hers) on having a few bullet parts on the work bench or rolling around the car floor if I wasn't around?

As Len said, a restricted FID (FID-D) is only valid for self defense sprays...

MGL 140-129B said:
(9B)A firearm identification card issued under this clause shall display, in clear and conspicuous language, that the card shall be valid only for the purpose of purchasing or possessing chemical mace, pepper spray or other similarly propelled liquid, gas or powder designed to temporarily incapacitate.

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section129B

Back
Top Bottom