Feinstein "Assault" weapon ban had only 40 yeah votes, hence it's demise.

We'll know by Friday what's going to pass. There's a decent chance background checks on all transfers passes. All depends on if those 13 will actually step up and filibuster or not.

Trying to cut through the clutter of all the rhetoric is difficult at best. We hear constantly hear that background checks need to be extended to online sales. Since online sales of firearms need to go through an FFL, does the transferring FFL not have to conduct a background check to make the transfer; or is it all just B.S.?

Also note that the gun grabbers have now become desperate in trying to get just about anything passed so they can claim victory for Obama in the fight. Even Obama's rhetoric has changed in the last few days reality setting in as they begin to count votes in the Senate. Obama no longer talks about universal background checks as the language has changed to enforceable background checks--making it sound like something stronger when it is anything but.

It now looks as though if anything has a chance of passing the Senate, it will not include any new record keeping or background checks on private sales. The gun grabbers will have to settle for claiming victory on the basis of "extending background checks to gun show and online sales."

Last edited:
Ya know some one should post the pics of finstein with pro gun slogans on it, just to shake things up, like ​i am a grandmother and i protect my family with this ak-47

Or just like my credit card, i Never leave home without it

or i know what your thinking, did she fire 75 shots or only 74, To tell you the truth, in the all the excitment i Kinda lost track myself, but being that this is a AK-47, the most reliable rifle in the world, you've gotta ask your self, do you feel lucky? well do ya? punk?

Last edited:
And your point? Who do you think gave us the Patriot Act? Think Rs won't take you freedom?

just saying the senate has been the more compromising of the bunch. the house is what will really decide what happens.

and the repubs and dems are basically the same. just for the 2nd amendment the repubs are all we got, well except a slight number of dems that would lose badly if they went along with gun control.

i am far more interested in what is happening in the house, than in the senate.

Is there any way some of the "states" can get the state anti gun legislation repealed?Has it happened any where and how did they do it. What about, I think it is called a "refferendum" where the billis put on the ballot' Maybe at the next election? I have heard that the new york bill has been challenged in
the courts but an unsure of any progress. Any information / THoughts?
GGboy

THe " shell " has passed in the Senate. All the independents and some republicans voted for it.
The vote on the magazines and the " assualt weapons" should happen next week or even Friday.
Still time to call , mail your senators.
I was hoping it wouldnt; get this far.

Assualt weapons ban loses in Senate

The bills for "improved background checks",
and the "assualt weapons ban" was defeated
today in the Senate by a 60 40 vote.
Diane said she wasn't happy.
5 of the six bills were defeated.[laugh2]

Back
Top Bottom