• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Feedback on Sig Sauer P250

I'm looking for feedback on the Sig P250 for a friend who is new to shooting. I know almost nothing about modular, non-caliber specific handguns. Any issues with reliability? Accuracy across different calibers? General feedback? Thanks for your help...

I love it. I bought the only .45 sold in MA and then got the kits for the sub compact and the full sized. For $1000 I got 3 variants of the gun. Meanwhile an oldskool sig like the P220 would cost about $900. And it feels like a sig. It doesn't feel like the P2022 or the sig pro. It feels right.

The only issue is trigger pull and length but the first is a perennial MA problem. The second is more nuanced. It's trigger is like a revolver. Unlike a Glock, you pull the trigger and the hammer goes every time, like a revolver. You don't have to rack the slide to reset the trigger on a failed primer.

My buddy has one in 9mm. He's put around 500rds through it so far without a single issue. I've shot it and it's a nice gun other than the trigger. Its sooooooo long and definitely well over 10lbs. It made my Steyr s40-a1 feel like it had a hair trigger after firing the p250.

I have one in .45 and I like it. Don't care for the long heavy trigger but it's real accurate It's my nightstand gun. Shoots pretty tight groups too

I really thought I saw a sig 250 .45 at four seasons but I could be wrong. I took a peek because the modular design seems great! But I am not a sig guy have never owned one..so it was a brief peek but I swear it was a .45

I really thought I saw a sig 250 .45 at four seasons but I could be wrong. I took a peek because the modular design seems great! But I am not a sig guy have never owned one..so it was a brief peek but I swear it was a .45
I'm sure you did, fsguns.com says
The Sig Sauer P250-Compact in 40 and 45 acp are in stock as of 7/24/12​

Not to take this too OT, how do you know you have the only .45 P250 sold in MA?

I think he was implying that he bought the only .45 version sold in MA, and that the compact and/or other versions aren't sold in MA but can be completed through the purchase of kits. Though I may be wrong myself in interpreting.

I've had mine for over a year now. I have the 9mm in compact and a subcompact exchange kit. All together about 1,000 rounds + with zero issues. Very accurate and simple to use and maintain. I am a relative beginner and I was drawn to the modularity and how well it fit my hand.

The trigger was challenging for me at first but I felt like it has helped me with my trigger control. It's been a great beginner pistol (at least for me) and an excellent value. I bought mine certified pre-owned (red box) for less than $400.

My P250 compact in .45 was an impulse buy. I didn't have anything in .45 and at the price they wanted I fixed that. I shoot revolvers so the long pull doesn't bother me and I don't find mine particularly heavy. I like it so much I ordered the caliber exchange kit in 9mm so I can shoot it more often for less cost.

A friend tried mine and went down to the same shop, picked up the same .45 model and then ordered exchange kits in 9mm and .40.

I like the P250.....I think it's pretty simplistic and fail proof as far as semi autos go. You can switch to any caliber or size gun without spending a fortune and without getting an ffl involved. The mags are pricy.....

I don't think it has the MA trigger problem, the ones I've tried were not ten pounds...they were long, but about 7 pounds...and with a little practice I think easily learn to shoot it relatively accurately.

I think he was implying that he bought the only .45 version sold in MA, and that the compact and/or other versions aren't sold in MA but can be completed through the purchase of kits. Though I may be wrong myself in interpreting.

I think compacts are the only ones on the EOPS or something. But you can get any kit over the counter or online.

Nope, you got it. They sell the compact versions of the .45 and 9mm only here in MA. There is in addition the subcompact and full size versions. The calibers available are 9, 40, 357, 45.

Now, one thing to note. Every caliber exchange kit comes with a free grip body (despite it not being in the parts list). The full sized and compacts come in medium and the subcompact comes with a small grip. This is fine for most people's hands. Another great thing is sig in exeter (actually the next town over at the pro shop) sells the kits at a 20% discount so they are only $228 a pop. They will ship too apparently. You can drive up there, try every grip (not shoot, just feel) and pick the right one and you are off to the races.

I got the attached for ~$900. $450 + $228 + $228

IMG_0398.jpg IMG_0397.jpg

It takes minutes to swap everything out and the full size mags work in the sub compacts. The .45acp is also fully AWB compliant as the full sized mag is only 10 rounds.

Last edited:
I'm wanting to get mine here in the next few days since I have the $20 off sig coupon plus a free mag, with any sig handgun purchase.

Charles.

Back
Top Bottom