FBI arrests Las Vegas man who allegedly wanted to shoot Jews, LGBTQ bar patrons

Reptile

NES Member
A 23-year-old Las Vegas man who allegedly wanted to attack Jews and patrons of an LGBTQ bar was arrested on suspicion of possessing parts to make a bomb, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Nevada said Friday.

Conor Climo, who was arrested Thursday, was connected to white supremacists though encrypted online conversations, federal prosecutors said.

Advertisement
"Threats of violence motivated by hate and intended to intimidate or coerce our faith-based and LGBTQ communities have no place in this country," Nicholas A. Trutanich, U.S. Attorney for the District of Nevada, said in a statement.

After Climo's arrest, FBI agents said he told them he had acquired electronic components to build a bomb and that he wanted to mobilize an eight-man sniper platoon to shoot Jewish people either at a Las Vegas synagogue or some other location.

According to charging documents, an FBI bomb technician found bomb-making components and chemical compounds in Climo's bedroom. Federal agents said they also seized an AR-15 style rifle and a bolt-action rifle from the room.

Climo tried to recruit a homeless person to engage in "pre-attack surveillance" on a house of worship and wanted to target patrons of an LGBTQ bar on Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas, federal prosecutors said in a statement.

Agents say Climo sketched images of such an attack in drawings that included two infantry squads attacking the bar with guns from the outside and one attacking it from the inside.

He allegedly told agents, according to FBI officials, that over the past two years he thought of several ideas to carry out an attack on Jews.

FBI arrests Las Vegas man who allegedly wanted to shoot Jews, LGBTQ bar patrons

How I think, not that anyone really cares;
If I saw this in my neighborhood, a man with a gun just walking around, not clearly going from one place to another (which I would see as normal), I'd definitely notice this. I'd probably talk with him to learn a little about him and what and why he is doing what he is doing. Now, based on the interview, I'd be a little concerned. The "very brief" time in the Army, and unwilling to say more would be concerning. I would be thinking, he doesn't look physically unfit sooooo mentally unfit? Also, a "community watch" dressed like that with an rifle doesn't say "community" in my mind (poor judgement). It says para-military enforcement/mindset. To me, if you are really about protecting the community, and being part of that community, you have to behave in a manner that most of the community will be accepting of, otherwise you're not park of the community, you are just an outsider looking for attention. I would be very concerned about this person, maybe reach out to someone I know in LE that would be willing to run a quick check. I wouldn't "call the cops" because he hasn't done anything, but I would use whatever resources I had to check him out and would keep an eye out whenever our paths crossed.

In before: Bomb making equipment? Ban guns. He had knives in his kitchen. Big ones that can harm and little ones that can be concealed? Ban guns. Ricks in his yard? Arrest all gun owners.

I know of a case where storing powder in other than original packaging and drywall nails nearby got a bomb making/possession to stick. Testimony that drywall screws are commonly used to set up targets fell on deaf ears. Probably would have been an entirely different story if the powder were in original containers and the defendant had a full reloading setup (I do not know if he did).

I know of a case where storing powder in other than original packaging and drywall nails nearby got a bomb making/possession to stick. Testimony that drywall screws are commonly used to set up targets fell on deaf ears. Probably would have been an entirely different story if the powder were in original containers and the defendant had a full reloading setup (I do not know if he did).

Was this before or after the "bomb components bill" passed?

Please enlighten regarding that bill.

Supposedly around 2011? parts of MGL were modified so that it would basically make it easier for police to arrest people that had "components". Before this, apparently, it was much harder to prosecute. I wish I could
find a citation to the changes, but this is one article I found...

Veteran trooper honored for rewriting bomb laws

Weren't the Ruskies warning us about Speedbump traveling back to his shithole to receive terrorist training? But now white male, right-wing terrorist are our greatest threat.

I just assumed that is what happened, unless proven otherwise.

It might even be his plot but wouldn't surprise me if FBI had people egging him on to escalate his rhetoric... when it's difficult to arrest real terrorists they just decide to manufacture a few instead. I mean most of these people are pieces of shit but I don't think most of the arrests are what I would call "competent threats".

It might even be his plot but wouldn't surprise me if FBI had people egging him on to escalate his rhetoric... when it's difficult to arrest real terrorists they just decide to manufacture a few instead. I mean most of these people are pieces of shit but I don't think most of the arrests are what I would call "competent threats".

I'm curious what these "electronic components" are. He obviously isn't too bright if he needs to chat with other people to acquire electronics.

Watch the last episode of the Netflix series ‘The Confession Tapes”. The FBI payed a Muslim guy $200,000 to try and convince another Muslim guy to be a terrorist. He didn’t cooperate. The FBI didn’t care and used a family trip to Pakistan (he was Pakistani) as an excuse to claim he went there to receive terrorist training and arrested him. It was a big story. The FBI touting about their big terrorist plot foiled.

In that case there wasn’t even a terrorist plot at all and certainly not one planned by this guy. Didn’t matter, the optics were good for the FBI and it wasn’t too long after 9/11 so they got a conviction.

I have to look into it a bit more, but I believe the first WTC attack was organized by the FBI with them trying to entrap Muslims so they could show off.

I have to look into it a bit more, but I believe the first WTC attack was organized by the FBI with them trying to entrap Muslims so they could show off.

I’d believe it. The FBI was indeed heavily involved and actually allowed the bombing to happen, despite their informant and other FBI members wanting to and having the ability to prevent it. I’m not sure if it was the FBI who planned it or not but that wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Back
Top Bottom