Favorite shot, not hunting.

When I was 19, I did a guy in Laos from a thousand yards out. It was a rifle shot in high wind. Maybe eight or even ten guys in the world could have made that shot. It's the only thing I was ever good at

My favorite shot, is a snakebite
Nobody listens to a guy who lives in a camper, eats dog treats Can't even get that uglyass dagger tattoo covered.

Was at a local sand pit with my boss, shooting at clay birds thrown from a foot trap. I was shooting an SKB O/U 20 ga and hit four doubles in a row. He said "OK smart ass. Let's see you do that again, shooting from the hip." I did.

I've cooked off 2-3 pounds of tannerite at 100 yards. Shook the rv windows and made a girl pee uer pants. It was 9 am.

Many years ago in Ca. a buddy and I were out in the backcountry shooting revolvers. Standing up on a rise, we could see an old rusty 55 gallon drum in a clearing, better than a half mile away. Kids used it to burn shit while they drank and partied. I took my S&W model 10, 6" barreled police trade in, aimed up at about a 45 degree angle or better and fired one shot. About 5 seconds later, you could see a big puff of rust, and another 5 seconds later you could hear the clang!

Last shot of a mortar LFX sometime in late 1999. We had one mission left and processed it manually. Fired a PERFECT range-lateral spread with about forty seconds of illum. All four rounds popped within about a second and a half.

Peppering an old Duece and a half @400 meters out with a Mk19 on the first burst. '95
100% blind luck on my part

Last edited:
At the Hopkinton Sportsman's range there is a silhouette target at the 200 yard range where there is a 2" by 4" opening in the head part with a swinging piece of steel behind it. Only time I can hit that steel behind the opening is when I'm using at scoped rifle. One day I decide to try hitting that swinging steel with my Rossi 92 lever gun in 357 mag. I'm thinking no way in hell I'm hitting that steel. I cycle the action, take aim off the bench and let the round fly. To my HUGE surprise I hit that swinging steel behind that small opening. I was amazed at my "ability"... Um, OK, I mean my luck.

Couldn't hit it again after going through an entire box of ammo trying. Finally gave up and just enjoyed that I hit it the first time.

Many years ago in Ca. a buddy and I were out in the backcountry shooting revolvers. Standing up on a rise, we could see an old rusty 55 gallon drum in a clearing, better than a half mile away. Kids used it to burn shit while they drank and partied. I took my S&W model 10, 6" barreled police trade in, aimed up at about a 45 degree angle or better and fired one shot. About 5 seconds later, you could see a big puff of rust, and another 5 seconds later you could hear the clang!
NES needs a Favorite Shot, Plunging Fire, on a Reverse Slope Target thread.

not with a gun, with a bow. After the Hunger Games movies, my daughters got an interest in archery. We shot 3d targets around the yard and after a few weeks they wanted to go to a Sunday Morning 3D

I'll start with I'm an average shot (at best).

The kids shot from wherever they felt like shooting from, both hit the target. We're at a fairly difficult target and I shoot and it's perfect shot Placement. My buddy says I couldn't do that again.

I Robin Hood my arrow.
Kids are super impressed and say "do it again" and sure enough, a Robin Hood of a Robin Hood. 3 Arrows stuck together.

For about 5 minutes my kids were in amazement...it soon wore off as my average ability took over
WOW! I got one RH once. Two in a row is amazing

When I was in the reserves in Ireland a million years ago we went to the range for Bren Gun practice. This was old school standing in a trench with 25 rounds in our mags. There were 7 of us and the orders came down, single shot, shoot at your own target and fire when ready. Just before the fire when ready was announced I and my buddy on the other end of the trench saw a magpie land at about 100 yards....we were shooting at 200 yards. I nodded and new orders we came up with went down the line. All 7 of us flipped the giggle switches and lit up that magpie! They don't say "one for sorrow, two for joy" for nothing! Needless to say our commanding officer was not impressed. Back then no one wore eyes or ears.....that was a glorious sound and huge soil cloud was kicked up. We did spend the afternoon running around with Brens above our heads....but we were young and dumb. So, technically is was not a single shot....but 175 .303 British is close enough.

Back
Top Bottom