• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Family archival material turned up recently...

The death of my great uncle (http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/296808-Fair-weather-and-following-seas) shook loose some more archival material that my Auntie/Archivist/Genealogist is thrilled to have.

Pictured is the burial flag from my great grandfather, who died when my mom was a young adolescent... Around 1946-7.
The great grandfather had served in the Army after landing here from Italy in the 20s.
The second picture is from my Grandfathers' service, in the Army Air Core as a senior Radar Technician, 1942-44.

Included in the recently discovered material was my grandfathers elementary school diploma, from 1934, LOTS of WWII work-a-day correspondence (pay rate and ratings changes, leave requests and approvals, punchcard paystubs, etc...) training certifications, licenses, LOTS of stuff from everyday life.
Paystubs from Raytheon for $1.71/hr (including overtime!)

Cool as hell. I'm glad my aunt is taking the time to document this stuff.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0900.JPG
    IMG_0900.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0901.JPG
    IMG_0901.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 117
The greatest generation that came back after the war to build great things. If only they could live forever and still run things this country would be much better off. I find it amazing how much industries we had in this country during the ww2 era. Now we have nothing close to that amount

The greatest generation that came back after the war to build great things. If only they could live forever and still run things this country would be much better off. I find it amazing how much industries we had in this country during the ww2 era. Now we have nothing close to that amount

True dat. Painfully, all-too-obviously true sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom