facebook back and forth with an anti

Nice work man +1 rep! You let him spew his hateful party line in your face and stood calm and didn't attack him personally... You just used plain old simple facts ofcourse that never works... But it's the right thing to do...

Matt got owned. His Mommy always told him guns are bad apparently.

clearly he needs a better mother.

attachment.php

calm down, leg-humpers. [wink]

i posted this facebook "status" earlier today:
. . . If you would like to get a chance to come and see, handle, shoot, and learn about "assault rifles" . . .

Please stop calling these 'assault rifles'. If you're referring to an AR-15, educate people that they are not 'assault rifles'.

Of course, unless you do have a select fire M-16 or other full auto military assault rifle to let them try, then go for it, but please try to educate people that an AR is NOT an assault rifle.

We should all be careful about this and try to educate as many as we can. Otherwise, good job! :)

Last edited:
We should all have sympathy for the poor boy. Obviously he's got some severe mental health issues, namely the fear of inanimate objects. I'll bet with a nice in-patient stay somewhere, he might get the help he so desperately needs.

stick this on his wall, he's seems pretty dumb so trying to follow the logic should make his ears smoke.

cZYtX.png

- - - Updated - - -

president of douchebagistan based on the picture

Mucho Thanks for posting Stefan Molyneaux - he is AWESOME at coming up with logic based arguments that make the smoke come out of most people's ears.

Well done Sam, well done. Notice that his FB only reads "studied" guess he drank too much and never graduated. Studied is right up there with attended.

i posted this facebook "status" earlier today:

:::To any of my anti gun friends who have yet to block me:::

This weekend, I plan to do some target shooting at the gun range that i am a member of. If you would like to get a chance to come and see, handle, shoot, and learn about "assault rifles" and semi-automatics, or just guns in general, please send me a message. No politics and no arguments, just a quick lesson in firearms safety and handling, and a demonstration of what makes us "gun nuts" tick. Maybe you will find that you actually like what you fear and want to learn more, maybe it will reaffirm your belief that these firearms have no place in our society. Either way, i will let you judge for yourself, but at least you will have an opportunity to educate yourself on the subject instead of basing your opinion on raw emotions.

PS: Any ammo you shoot is on me.

Message/text/call me.

its gotten a whole bunch of likes and comments, but only one message, from this douchebag im not even 'friends' with... here is our convo:

Matthew Rompre
You need to Seriously get over guns lunatic, theres no need to have more then a small handgun if you want to "protect yourself" as you all claim your excuse is
------------------------------
The Wall post:
Sam Winters (January 17, 2013): :::To any of my anti gun friends who have yet to block me:::
This weekend, I plan to do some target shooting at the gun range that i am a member of. If you would like to get a chance to come and see, handle, shoot, and learn about "assault rifles" and semi-automatics, or just guns in general, please send me a message. No politics and no arguments, just a quick lesson in firearms safety and handling, and a demonstration of what makes us "gun nuts" tick. Maybe you will find that you actually like what you fear and want to learn more, maybe it will reaffirm your belief that these firearms have no place in our society. Either way, i will let you judge for yourself, but at least you will have an opportunity to educate yourself on the subject instead of basing your opinion on raw emotions.
PS: Any ammo you shoot is on me.
Message/text/call me.

6:59pm
Sam Winters
its a hobby dude, kind of like people who build race cars (i do that also) i was raised with guns my whole life. my guns have never hurt anybody nor will they. its not all about protecting myself, i can do that without a gun. i find your statement that all i need is a small handgun funny, so your implying that assault rifles should be banned but not small handguns? for your information, small handguns are used for the great majority of gun crimes in the US, only 323 people were killed with rifles in the US last year, care to know how many were killed by handguns?

7:03pm
Matthew Rompre
Im talking about high powered quick firing rifles with large bullets dont play ****ing dumb i dont see people shooting up a school or mall or theater with a single 10 magazine handgun

7:15pm
Sam Winters
your clearly very uneducated on the subject, which the vast majority of people like you are. are you playing dumb? AR15's actually fire a very small bullet, smaller than every deer hunting rifle in connecticut actually, and they only fire one bullet per pull of the trigger. the AR15's bullet is .233" diameter, which is small when compared to the state of connecticut's smallest legal rifle bullet for deer hunting, which is .243". should we ban hunting rifles with large bullets? some hunting rifles have bullets up to 1/2"? they are clearly more dangerous no?
as for your statement that people dont shoot up a school or mall or theater with a single 10 round handgun, i think the numbers prove otherwise. according to the FBI, handguns killed 6,220 people in the US last year, as opposed to 323 killed by rifles, not all of which were "assault rifles". so your argument is really quite stupid and emotion based.

7:19pm
Matthew Rompre
Ok well how about screw yourself you gun loving psycho theres no reason to own a high powered assault rifle for any reason at all, Why do you need guns like that, you dont
And i am educated but educated or not i could care less on weapons a gun is a gun so i could care less about caliber or any of that bullshit there weapons bottom line

7:27pm
Sam Winters
frustrating arguing with someone who uses facts to base argument upon isnt it? you should take the time to educate yourself and maybe you will be able to formulate a better argument someday in the future.
do you like cars matt? most guys do. ever dream of owning a ferrari, Z06 corvette or a mustang gt500? those cars make exorbitant amounts of horsepower to be driven on our public roadways dont you agree? surely one doesnt NEED 500hp to go 65mph on the highway right? are people who buy these cars and drive them respectfully psychos to you matt?

7:46pm
Matthew Rompre
Wow talk about educated you compare a fast car to a firearm? Wow you are ****ing stupid just shut the **** up you republican right wing a**h*** and get over yourself guns kill AND people kill and if you need an assault rifle to compensate for something then you need to grow up and get out of playing army with your little 5 yr olds buddies

7:58pm
Sam Winters
matt im really starting to think that you cannot be serious... what is the difference between a fast car and a firearm? are they not both tools that should only be put in the hands of a responsible operator? are they not both inanimate objects that cannot do any harm anyone without said operator?
so far you have yet to make any fact based/intelligent argument, you are just spewing rhetoric that really makes no sense. are you compensating for your lack of intelligence and tact by name calling and spouting off stuff like "guns kill AND people kill" or are you just ****ing with me?
by the way i take offense to you calling me a republican, i am much smarter than that haha.

no reply yet... how'd i do???

Just like a conversation I had with someone last week. When you present facts, they answer with insults.
Typical 3rd grade response.
They all act the same way. They say they are educated, yet cant present one fact to support their argument. These people do nothing but listen and repeat whats on TV.

Just like a conversation I had with someone last week. When you present facts, they answer with insults.
Typical 3rd grade response.
They all act the same way. They say they are educated, yet cant present one fact to support their argument. These people do nothing but listen and repeat whats on TV.

You are much more patient than I am. My reply early on would have been, "Get back to me when you resume taking your meds. Until then, FOAD."

Talking to people like this is a waste of time and effort. I do it all the time and repeatedly kick myself for it. Logic, reason, and facts bounce off of their chests like bullets off of Superman.

I've had a number of decent conversations with anti's that weren't raving lunatics, as well. It almost always results in no net gain, either way. Frankly, your original post is the right way to do it. The only way I've ever seen someone converted is not through barraging them with arguments online, but by bringing them to the range.

this is very similar to a conversation I had with my Brother/sister in laws when O got elected the first time.

They are both teachers, both grads of Fitchburg State and VERY liberal.

We were at a family birthday party at a rented hall sitting across a table from each other. They know I'm one of the members of the 'gun culture' and tried to make an example of me in front of 'their' family members. They started talking about all the 'anti' points..why do you need...we need to...., guns kill people....cars don't kill people like guns do.... 2a is for military, ......assault weapons are bad and all guns should be taken away....etc, etc, etc. The typical liberal BS.

After calmly correcting them on their 'facts', asking them who would be designated as the one who sets 'reasonable' restrictions on ANY law, how would they like someone to decide what's 'reasonable' for them to drive or the type of house they live in, slippery slope and all...and countering everything they said with a calm, intelligent and logical response and turning every thing they said around onto them, (which is what we all need to do) my SIL jumped up, and literally started screaming at me that I was stupid and stormed out of the room, very loudly, putting the room into total silence with the whole 50 or so other people watching her leave.

I sat there with a very calm, snug smile just looking at my BIL.

The best part: SIL hasn't said more than about 5 words to me in the past 4 years. [smile]

There are different levels of anti. They all have one thing in common, ZERO knowledge of the subject. But some can be reasoned with more than others. I had a twitter back and forth for a bit with someone from NYC, then I gave him my email and told him to email me and we could have a better discussion without the limits of twitter. I didn't convert him but I pulled him away from the extreme.

One thing that hurts our side is the constant use of the term "assault weapons". Every newscast, etc. will say there was a protest in Boston for gun control and they were calling for a ban on assault weapons. People who don't know guns think assault weapons are machine guns. They see the scary black rifle and think military auto rifles. We need to keep correcting this fact and explain to people that we know they are semi auto rifles with some physical features.

Back
Top Bottom