• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FA10 private sales at a Gunshow?

I'm not aware of the legal issues, so I'll write about a practical / logistical one: You can only sell 4 guns per year via FA-10s, so does paying to do so at a gun show really make sense? You'll probably get more bang for your buck by selling through the classifieds here.

I used to see guys walking around with guns over their shoulder all the time at the W. Springfield show with "for sale" signs on a stick in the muzzle. Havent really paid much attention lately.

Not illegal under MGL. May be prohibited by the show promoter, however, at least when linked to a table rental. I've done it before and never had any problems. Good luck getting a table at any of the shows that are worth going to.

-Mike

just look for this guy's table... i've had success with him in the past.

loophole.jpg

The show promoter won't rent you a table to sell guns/ammo w/o a copy of your FFL and MA Sales Tax Certificate. Additionally at the beginning of the show, there is usually a Revenuer from DOR that goes from table to table demanding to see your MA Sales Tax Certificate posted there. If you don't have one he can "sell" you one (of course it cost money) and then you better report all sales as earnings and pay the state their share in both sales tax and income tax.

Do you still think this is worthwhile? [laugh]

People sell guns all the time at the shows. Just put sign on the gun and sling it over your back.

Back
Top Bottom