Experiences with Altamont grips?

Burgundy41

Banned
I like my Pachmayrs on my Model 36, but I came across the Altamont J frame grips with rosewood inserts and they look pretty. I like the look of wood grips more and they give that feel without being totally wood.

They do checkered wood and smooth though, I think smooth would work but I'm not sure and I've never held them. I'm looking to see if anyone has had experience with Altamont's quality and such.

I'm not sure the checkered part would help much as it would be inside my palm on both hands, but I'm not sure.

SJR-P05-L02.jpg

SJR-P05.jpg

I'm rocking the classic shape Altamont walnut grips on my 642. Beautiful wood and fit/finish quality. Conceals way better than the stock rubber grips in a pocket holster. Highly recommend.

my 642.jpg

I got a nice set from them with no hassle and fast shipping well packed, just make sure you verify they have what you want is in stock, they will contact you in a few days if they don't have it, IMHO it is not a good way to do bizz, they should have it posted if the item is in stock or not.

I got a set for my Smith 22-a. Excellent grips. They shipped fast and improved the look and feel of the gun 100%. I would not hesitate to give them a try on something else.

Reviving an OLD thread ! :D Call me a recoil-lovin-fool but I really like wood grips.

I can't say enough for these Altamont grips (Rosewood Combat) I just got for the 629 PC.

Not many words needed. Good pricing, perfect fit (hand & gun), and good communication. And damn, I like how they look.

Grip1.jpg
Grip2.jpg

I’ve got some Altamont N frame walnut target grips. Fit and finish is great, and they’re pretty comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom