Excercising my 2nd Amendment!

Hello all. Want to thank all the regular posters here on N.E.S. for the great information that each pass along, as well as a great education on firearms and Massachusetts firearms law. With the help of this site I have navigated the murky waters of Mass. gun laws and now have my LTC, ALP. Decided that it makes too much sense in these economic times to excercise my right to be armed if I choose, as well as to be able to protect my family and property. Without getting too downbeat, I believe we are in the first or second inning of what will be a long economic slump, maybe one that even goes into extra innings. Unlike at Fenway Park though, unless you plan in advance will be no hotdogs and beer to be had in this game. Have made my list of firearms I need to purchase, know I am a bit late to the party, but late is certainly better than not showing up at all! Anyway, made my first purchase tonight, put a deposit on a CMMG complete lower (less stock)from First Defense Firearms. Only is a deposit cause they are a bit of a haul for me, as well as the evening hours only, so can't pick it up till Saturday. Know are a million different ways to complete a collection, but my plan is to purchase these firearms(once tax refund hits). Ruger 10/22 Black stock/stainless version S&W 686 .357 four inch barrel Ar-15 -Which lower is start of, all I need now is to actually find an upper! Mossberg 500- still not sure what barrel length Saiga 7.62- Wanted an AK, but Saiga for $400ish or Ak for $750? I realize Saiga is an Ak, but I mean the mags etc. without mods. Marlin 336 chambered in .357- Just something about a lever action and having a firearm chambered same as handgun I like. Anyway, just wanted to say hello to all, and thank everyone for the knowledge passed along as to dealers, firearms and laws that helped me become another Massachusetts resident excercising the right to keep and bear arms. Oh, and I will turn green once Uncle Sam sends me my refund. [smile]

Hello all. Want to thank all the regular posters here on N.E.S. for the great information that each pass along, as well as a great education on firearms and Massachusetts firearms law. With the help of this site I have navigated the murky waters of Mass. gun laws and now have my LTC, ALP. Decided that it makes too much sense in these economic times to excercise my right to be armed if I choose, as well as to be able to protect my family and property. Without getting too downbeat, I believe we are in the first or second inning of what will be a long economic slump, maybe one that even goes into extra innings. Unlike at Fenway Park though, unless you plan in advance will be no hotdogs and beer to be had in this game. Have made my list of firearms I need to purchase, know I am a bit late to the party, but late is certainly better than not showing up at all! Anyway, made my first purchase tonight, put a deposit on a CMMG complete lower (less stock)from First Defense Firearms. Only is a deposit cause they are a bit of a haul for me, as well as the evening hours only, so can't pick it up till Saturday. Know are a million different ways to complete a collection, but my plan is to purchase these firearms(once tax refund hits). Ruger 10/22 Black stock/stainless version S&W 686 .357 four inch barrel Ar-15 -Which lower is start of, all I need now is to actually find an upper! Mossberg 500- still not sure what barrel length Saiga 7.62- Wanted an AK, but Saiga for $400ish or Ak for $750? I realize Saiga is an Ak, but I mean the mags etc. without mods. Marlin 336 chambered in .357- Just something about a lever action and having a firearm chambered same as handgun I like. Anyway, just wanted to say hello to all, and thank everyone for the knowledge passed along as to dealers, firearms and laws that helped me become another Massachusetts resident excercising the right to keep and bear arms. Oh, and I will turn green once Uncle Sam sends me my refund. [smile]

Welcome Fenway and congrats!

I would be happy to take a ride over to First Defense and pick that up for you. [wink][smile]

Last edited:
Welcome, Fenway. I've been a member for about four months now and this is an amazing group of people.

And you will find First Defense Firearms great to deal with. Dennis and Shelley rock!

Cheers,

Rich

Welcome aboard mate.

I can attest to better late than never. I received my license in mid January, and based on my sig, you can tell I've made up for lost time.

Congrats on the ALP!

PS: As many said on my introductory thread... GO GREEN!

Back
Top Bottom