Evidently you can't own a machine gun in Massachusetts

I don't understand why we can't have silenced weapons in MA. [mg]

I would so love to put a real can on one of my AR's and shoot without earplugs.

It would also be great to shoot without people calling the police at least once a month because they hear gunshots when they're trespassing on the private property that I have written permission to be shooting on. Love that one.

It shouldn't, but it does baffle me that people can't see that the most dangerous piece of equipment at the range that day was the brain of the adult responsible for that child while he was shooting...

The gun was just the tool that helped them realize their full potential as a threat to the safety of others.[sad2]

C'mon now!!! You are talking heresy here!
This would go against the orthodoxy of the Cult of Victimhood.
And might be perilously close to actually suggesting that PEOPLE may be responsible for their own actions!

Let's get back on the plantation here. The GUN was at fault. the GUN drove itself to the range. the GUN, loaded itself. the GUN forced it's way into the child's hands....

I don't understand why we can't have silenced weapons in MA. [mg]

I would so love to put a real can on one of my AR's and shoot without earplugs.

It would also be great to shoot without people calling the police at least once a month because they hear gunshots when they're trespassing on the private property that I have written permission to be shooting on. Love that one.

100% agree. I see no reason that supressors should be regulated in any way. But to go one further.

I would argue that suppressors should be mandatory at all ranges. To keep noise down for the sake of the neighbors. And also as a safety device. For the sake of hearing but, more importantly, to keep the noise down should something happen and so that all can immediately hear range officers' commands.

C'mon now!!! You are talking heresy here!
This would go against the orthodoxy of the Cult of Victimhood.
And might be perilously close to actually suggesting that PEOPLE may be responsible for their own actions!
Mea Culpa... Where's my rosary? Oh wait, I'm not confirmed - CRAP, now what do I do?[laugh]

I've only half jokingly said that MA should require silencers on all weapons as a matter of public safety (protecting hearing)!

Seriously,
What is the logic here? that being louder is actually safer??

If that is the logic then why are people penalized and fined for having their cars/ motorcycles be too loud? louder is safer right??

And think how far up the butt of the skeet and trap fudds it would go to mandate silencers?? he he he..

you think its bad now with people being uneducated with NFA, you should have seen it before the internet got big. People had no freakin clue you could legally own a MG. That is why the prices were not half bad back then because there was not a big market for them because most people did not think they were legal so no one tried to buy them other than the hard core collectors like the few of us today. It was in our best interest to keep it quiet so our prices stayed within reason.

thanks to the internet and more and more people getting educated with NFA, the class 3 and class 2 manufacturers are asking INSANE prices for transferable machine guns now so I cant go out and buy that M60 I have been wanting for the last 10 years. [sad2][sad2] I got my Green card 5 years ago and even since then the prices have skyrocketed.

oh well, I will settle for my Uzi, AC556 and MAC10 full autos. [smile]

even so its amazing to see how many morons there are out there that run their mouths thinking they know what they are talking about.

Last edited:
What is the logic here? that being louder is actually safer??
The logic is the same flawed, corrupted logic used for all confiscation:

"What purpose is there for this other than breaking the law"...

Applied to body armor (which certainly can be used to protect even unarmed civilians in dangerous areas - like schools!)

Applied to "military style" weapons which function and perform identical to their "hunting" equivalents WRT to lethality

Applied to silencers under the assumption that only a criminal would want a quiet gun to evade detection...

Logic means nothing to these people - they want the illusion of control and they don't care who they have to kill to get it...

I cant go out and buy that M60 I have been wanting for the last 10 years. I got my Green card 5 years ago and even since then the prices have skyrocketed.

5 years??? you are a baby!!!

When I got into this game..I got laughed at all around for paying the ridiculous price of $1000 for an HK sear. You paid $1000? For that? Are you nuts??
the same dealer had a transferable m60 for @ 8k and an orig 1941 PPd for @ 4k.. Who would ever spend that much money for those??

Still wish I could have bought the PPd.. it was beautiful..[crying]

Oh yeah.. And I am STILL waiting for the balance of my Machine Gun News subscription... bastards!

Last edited:
This just in..."you can't buy the 762 ammo, ya know that goes in the m16? yeah, you can't own that stuff"[rolleyes] Heard this yesterday from a guy I thought would know better.

This just in..."you can't buy the 762 ammo, ya know that goes in the m16? yeah, you can't own that stuff"[rolleyes] Heard this yesterday from a guy I thought would know better.
Wow, power-fail there...

Sort of like "armor piercing ammo - why would you need that, only the military would need something like that"

[sad2]

I think this stems from people now looking back at the American Revolution as if the Brits had "invaded". So, they think of our founding fathers as noble revolutionaries against this horrible invading nation - instead of the current government at the time...

Oh well... Somethings you just can't teach, or is that some people you just can't teach?

The logic is the same flawed, corrupted logic used for all confiscation:

"What purpose is there for this other than breaking the law"...

Applied to body armor (which certainly can be used to protect even unarmed civilians in dangerous areas - like schools!)

Applied to "military style" weapons which function and perform identical to their "hunting" equivalents WRT to lethality

Applied to silencers under the assumption that only a criminal would want a quiet gun to evade detection...

Logic means nothing to these people - they want the illusion of control and they don't care who they have to kill to get it...

We should not be asking "why would anybody want/need this", but rather "on what grounds and for what reason do we justify using the force of law to deny this to a law-abiding citizen". People think it's "obvious" when it comes to something like a machine gun - let's see if they're as impressed when they come for their SUV, or their "mansion" sized house, or a greasy burger and fries. In the words of George Washington, Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. I fear we're about to re-learn this lesson in the near future ...

. . . let's see if they're as impressed when they come for their SUV, or their "mansion" sized house, or a greasy burger and fries. . . .

Last year's $4/gal gas has caused many buyers to downsize.

The real estate / finance collapse has taken care of the McMansions.

Devil's Fat Tax will rid us the dastardly Ronald, that spooky looking king and the virginal appearing Wendy.

And still the people applaud.

100% agree. I see no reason that supressors should be regulated in any way. But to go one further.

I would argue that suppressors should be mandatory at all ranges. To keep noise down for the sake of the neighbors. And also as a safety device. For the sake of hearing but, more importantly, to keep the noise down should something happen and so that all can immediately hear range officers' commands.

Oh my God! Are you for real? That would make to much sense..[rofl]

It's hard to blame people for being confused. Gun laws, particularly in Mass, are so convoluted and confused that no sensible person can grasp them without a decent amount of effort. Hell, if it were not for a few guys like jdubois most of us would be participating in an echo chamber of confusion (not to say that doesn't happen from time to time anyway). I would be amazed if a normal, reasonably intelligent person with one or two guns and only a passing interest in shooting were to understand the bulk of Mass gun laws.
This should probably be a thread of its own but the mood just struck me reading this. I have been thinking about this for a little while and what simple steps we as a group could take to educate the masses about gun ownership in MA in general. I think if any member so inclined in this forum were to put together a brief fact formed in something that could be used over and over again in the comment section of any gun related story posted on the web we could realy do some educating. I am going to try to put together a brief statement about just what it takes to be a licensed gun owner here. I think the majority of antis and fence sitters have no idea that we are run through background checks, can't have records and are finger printed and photographed just to get out licenses. We are vetted by the FBI and probably Homeland Security and most folks don't know this. Right now there is little if any distinction between legal gun owners and criminals that posess guns in the minds of most citizens. I also think another point is the whole gunshow loophole and all the hype, including the 100 foot long billboard on the pike gets. People need to know that gun shows in MA are not free reign for criminals. Gunshow sales require a license and are registered before the gun leaves the vendor table. At least from what I have experienced. The uninformed masses hear no waiting period required and don't know we don't need a waiting period because we already went through that wait of weeks or months to get the license. There are so many points that can be covered well if we pre-think and design the message that thousands of people see in the comments on these news sights. I will begin to craft my message and post it here for comments prior to using it in the public comment of news areas. I know my initial post here is public as well. Sorry about the hijack. Back to your regulary scheduled thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom