Essential Arms and CMMG Lowers

I built one for a friend and found this lower (forged) to be as good as any I have used (DPMS and Stag Arms).

I've been following the Essential Arms industry forum on AR-15.com for a while now, I've been waiting for the funds before placing an order.

From everything I've read they are top shelf, and as good as just about every make out there if not better. They don't price gouge and they have a good product. If your on the line about ordering a lower from them, then go for it, I don't think you can get a better deal right now.

I bought 3 of them, 2 anodized and one in TC. You almost can't tell the difference between the anodized & TC, but there is a slight difference. I had absolutely no problems putting them together. I only had 2 LPK's though I'm still waiting on a third, but they went together easier than my Stag lower that I built last year. The trigger guard roll pin and bolt catch roll pin were a breeze. (The LPK's might have played a part I don't know they were supposed to be Stag LPK's but the bags they came in had no markings although the dealer I bought them from sells only Stag & RRA so he might have substituted.) The biggest complaint from people buying EA lowers is getting through on the phone, I lucked out I got through on my first try. I would buy from them again, it was $332.15 for the 3 with their credit card fee and shipping to Mass.

I bought 3 of them, 2 anodized and one in TC. You almost can't tell the difference between the anodized & TC, but there is a slight difference. I had absolutely no problems putting them together. I only had 2 LPK's though I'm still waiting on a third, but they went together easier than my Stag lower that I built last year. The trigger guard roll pin and bolt catch roll pin were a breeze. (The LPK's might have played a part I don't know they were supposed to be Stag LPK's but the bags they came in had no markings although the dealer I bought them from sells only Stag & RRA so he might have substituted.) The biggest complaint from people buying EA lowers is getting through on the phone, I lucked out I got through on my first try. I would buy from them again, it was $332.15 for the 3 with their credit card fee and shipping to Mass.

The calling issue has supposedly improved, they added some lines and a large voice mailbox. The plus though is if you do talk to someone your definitely getting lowers.

I ended up saying "screw it" to being a brand whore and checked out the CMMG lowers at First Defense. Man, i'm glad I did. Finish on them is great and they look really nice.

Now if only I had a bunch of parts to put in it :(

Is there any way to get the A6 package, (lower with pk, grip and stock) but with the stock pinned? I hate the look of the A2 stock.

Also, what would be the difference in the anodized and TC? Is the TC more matte looking and the anodized shiny?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom